Random Silly Grins

I thought you were connecting me to underground Canadian humor. Instead I got a road sign joke. You’ve ruined my Sunday.

8 Likes

Sorry. In atonement, I offer this small sample of Canadian place names.

Sign leaving Climax, Saskatchewan:

(Regina, Saskatchewan was originally named Pile-of-Bones, but that was not considered dignified for a provincial capital.)

13 Likes

My Sunday has been greatly improved.

12 Likes
4 Likes
13 Likes

An oldie but goodie, which I looked up due to a conversation today. Sweet potatoes, baseball bats, and dogs have ended up intertwined in my mind…

9 Likes

OMG, I can’t breathe, that is so damned funny!

8 Likes

Oh man, I am sitting here literally laughing out loud like a fool! But that is so perfectly doggy-type thinking, going by experience with my own furry babies.

6 Likes

So glad we have cats. They just throw up hair-balls occasionally.

And drink water from our glasses.

Oh, and pee on puppy training pads (looking at you, Dyson).

And poop on them sometimes.

And sometimes on the floor.

9 Likes

But, your sweet potatoes are safe!

5 Likes

Relatively safe. And so long as you don’t leave them sitting on a counter or table where they can be pushed off.

6 Likes

Ally stole a few cherry tomatoes to play with. Didn’t eat them, though. I think.

6 Likes

I used to know a Siamese who ate corn on the cob.

My old cat was gaga for spicy food. She also liked to steal French fries off my plate, but I think that was more of a stealth exercise, even though she did eat them. She would also nibble at hummous, and at the minced chick peas I used for falafels. Also nacho chips (play hockey with, nibble, play hockey with some more).

I can’t remember her ever getting into sweet potato, but I wouldn’t have put it past her.

9 Likes

A Siamese cat we had when I was a kid stole a whole roast, defrosting on the counter. I wish I could have seen him drag that thing from the kitchen to under the guest room bed. Mom just cut the nibbles off and cooked it. Once we found it.

9 Likes

When the family assembled for Sunday dinner,
Their minds made up that they wouldn’t get thinner
With Argentine joint, potatoes and greens,
Then the cook would appear from behind the scenes,
And say, in a voice that was broken with sorrow,
“I’m afraid you must wait and have dinner tomorrow:
The joint has gone from the oven like that…”
Then the family would say, “It’s that horrible cat!
It was Mungojerrie or Rumpleteaser,”
And most of time, they left it at that!

13 Likes

I once had a tortie who was very adventurous. she’d eat carrots, broccoli, tofu… granted, it was usually from my ramen bowl, so i’m sure the salt played a factor. but most cats won’t even TRY that sort of thing.

9 Likes

Last night I was eating a vegetarian chile relleno burrito which included rice and beans. George flipped his shit, sniffing around and trying to steal off my plate. He’s never done that before. I gave him a forkful of rice and beans, which he ate with gusto, then went for a nap.

I’ve had them try to steal fish or meat, and Sylvia goes for pizza, but this was just weird.

11 Likes

my aforementioned tortie was a total gourmand, i swear. she would insist on only eating full-fat milk or cheese, liked real butter, and would turn her nose up at anything less-than. skim milk? low-fat cheese? margarine? NOPE. but she also would go BANANAS for this vegetarian pepperoni i used to buy for pizza. aside from tuna juice from the can, that was her most favorite thing in the world.

11 Likes

I had a cat once who got along great with the dogs, and one day we discovered why.

We came home to find the dogs lined up in front of the counter while the cat distributed food and treats. The dogs thought it was fantastic. Stuff from cupboards and too far back on the counter was suddenly available. To them, the cat was a hero.

17 Likes

When I was a child, the family dog dug up and ate so many carrots the vet was worried she’d poisoned herself.

She also ate all the Huckleberries off the bushes if we weren’t careful when we went out to the woods

11 Likes