The Pets Thread

So today, my ex-husband (who had cataract surgery late last week) and his sis came over to take our son grocery-shopping; my ex-SIL helps us w/the bills and groceries.

Anyhow, Fluffy was at the house end of the driveway when they pulled up this morning, and when my son got home I remarked on that. He told me that his dad, who is allergic to cats, said she looked just like the cat that just had kittens at his house, only his has a white spot on her back. It’s not that he ever hated cats; he just stood? stayed? lol, away from them due to his allergies. MY ex-SIL is allergic too, but that didn’t stop her from caring for a relative of my ex-hubby’s wife’s cat.

And before we had our own place, waaay back in early May 1985, we stayed at in my old bedroom after the honeymoon. My cat at the time stepped in his mouth while trying to get to the window sill; well, he was sleeping on his back with his mouth open, y’know? :smiley:

6 Likes

I have been curious what sort of dog Shadow was since I got him. My uncle kindly sent me one of the test kits you can send off to find out. I had been guessing some combination of Border Collie, Boston Terrier, and maybe some pit bull. It turns out he’s mostly Miniature American Shepherd and Pit Bull, with a smattering of Border Collie, Australian Shepherd, and American Stratfordshire Terrier. I suspect the traces of Australian Shepherd and Stratfordshire Terrier are because those are breeds from which the Miniature American Shepherd and Pit Bull, respectively, were derived.

11 Likes

Lost Sona today.
First time we’ve had no cats in the house in 40 years. But she wanted to be an only cat.

11 Likes

I’m so sorry.

7 Likes

That is sad. Rest in peace, sweet lady.

7 Likes

oh no. i’m sorry. my condolences : (

5 Likes

You know that I know how you feel. Sending gentle, caring virtual hugs and purrs to your family.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry, friend. You did the best and most kind thing for Sona, allowing her to be an only cat, even if it’s not what you might have wanted. Your love for her was surely appreciated, and requited in the way only cats can do it.

6 Likes

Thanks so much, guys.

7 Likes
3 Likes

A long time friend is fostering these two guys. We’re hoping to adopt them soon!

10 Likes

omg, black kitties are the best! are those siblings? we currently have siblings (male and female, the male is black, the female is grey) and it’s been so awesome to have cats that are siblings. they sleep together, play together, clean each other, and generally are just the cutest. they even take turns eating, instead of fighting over food.

6 Likes

Yep, they’re litter-mates. There’s a third (a brownish tabby) but he’s been spoken for. All males. And they definitely play and sleep together. But we got to see them for a couple hours Sunday, and a bunch of photos.

We’ve never had black or silver tabbies before! Can’t wait!!

7 Likes

they are already swoon-worthy. they are so funny when they are kittens. they are on the go constantly until they are too tired, and then they just fall asleep basically wherever they are. (eating, etc.)

9 Likes

We got approved to adopt! Might be awhile. Got to get some rugs cleaned where Dyson the Nuisance was thinking outside the box.

(Oops I spelled “thinking” wrong.)

9 Likes

Today, Sona would have been 21! But she did make it to 20 yrs, 11 months, and 14 days.

7 Likes

that is such an incredible age for a kitty to reach!

7 Likes

I just hope her last few weeks weren’t too bad. It’s so darn hard to tell.

5 Likes

yeah, cats are good at hiding pain. but she was home, in a place she felt safe and with people she loved, so that had to be some huge comfort, too.

6 Likes

We found out the two kittens we are adopting are free of the ringworm they had (they think they were a litter from a farm cat). Also we will be picking them on November 4.

Double plus yay!

6 Likes