The Pets Thread

oh, nice! they are going to be so happy, too. : )

5 Likes
3 Likes

We just arranged to pick up the two kittens this coming Saturday! They are getting neutered tomorrow (poor guys, but good overall), and going back to their foster mom & dad. We don’t want to subject them to surgery and relocation at the same time.

Yay!

6 Likes

i think that’s a smart move. they are dealing with a lot as it is, best to not lump a move in at the same time. heal well, little kitties!

4 Likes

I will relay the message! :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

The rugs are off to be cleaned! It smells so much better in the rooms than it has for several years. :roll_eyes: Well, COVID made it scary to get people in and refinish floors that might have been damaged – so far there was nothing bad hidden by the rugs.

I think we kept Febreze air freshener in business for a couple of years there.

5 Likes

The new guys have moved in!

Nickel:

Allspice:

They are really sweet kittens, affectionate and playful.

11 Likes

omg they are so adorable, and lanky! Nickel is a beauty, and Allspice seems to be a character.

8 Likes

Cute guys!!! Super cute! They definitely have that cat-teenager look where they get all long before they fill out. The kitty awkward stage (which is 1000% more graceful than people) is so stinkin’ adorable!

6 Likes
9 Likes

Here is the last frame of this video, showing Nickel’s reaction:

IMG_0221

8 Likes

Shenanigans! Double shenanigans!

Are they equally matched, or is Allspice top cat, the way he comes across in that video? That tongue & attitude on Nickel has major little brother energy.

5 Likes
6 Likes

I think Allspice is a little dominant. They have a third brother (Kingston) who was adopted by someone else previously, and I think he was the dominant one of the three. Nicky was the runt of the litter, but he does seem to hold his own against Spice. They wrestle with each other, trading turns as to who starts it – but Spice definitely chases Nicky more than vice versa. But it’s all in fun; they get along really well.

Actually we were relieved that someone chose Kingston first – we really only wanted two bonded kitties, so we didn’t have to choose! It would have been a tough decision.

6 Likes

Dr Grant says the closer species are to one another, the more likely a cross-species adoption will take place, meaning it is very unlikely you will ever read about a crocodile nursing a chihuahua puppy.

Unlikely? It’s bloody impossible.

6 Likes

https://www.gofundme.com/f/medical-car-for-cat-and-kittens?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet-first-launch&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

This is the GoFundMe to pay for spay/neuter for the kitties, plus vaccinations and kitty accessories (food, litter & trays, et al). Please give if you can and share - thanks so much!

(also, a “medical car” is not what they need, lol)

5 Likes

10 Likes

Nice, but cats don’t have that level of self-awaremess.

3 Likes

Ah, but you haven’t met our cats.

4 Likes

toonces02

7 Likes