The Pets Thread

Sugarplum is still sleeping on the back porch; she won’t even stay in the house.

5 Likes

that’s what they WANT you to believe!

4 Likes

Definitely not our cats.

One, thinks playtime is all through the night. Morning and the rest of the day are for snoozing.

The other… if someone is laying down, day or night, then she’s purring loudly enough to be heard in another room and attempting to cuddle as close to the face as permitted. Pillowed on an arm if it’s angled right. Usually head-butting the person repeatedly to announce her desire, on the chin if possible. And then, if not disturbed, will lay there for hours, just purring, until it slowly fades away to snores…

5 Likes

That’s the toxoplasma gondii talking. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

I wondered where those voices from the litter box were coming from.

3 Likes

The video was taken this afternoon, a little after three p.m.

2 Likes

Beautiful cats.

2 Likes

Aren’t they though? And their personalities are so distinct. There were three other kittens, but Fluffy divided them between my house and the house with the barking dog next door. The female half of the couple that owns the dog told me she had some friends who might take them the other three kittens, but we don’t talk to each other very often, so I dunno.

And I can’t have grandchildren so I’ve got to focus the love I have to give on some living creature/s!

3 Likes

My wife thinks she’s a bad mother for just plopping the boys down in front of the video while she’s working.

12 Likes

Pawprint On Stove
mixed media by Allspice

:scream:

7 Likes

Update:

2 Likes

When does the GFM fundraiser end, or does it?

2 Likes

I don’t know - I haven’t asked my son. So it could be a month, meaning Dec. 9 would be the end date; or it could be when the goal is reached. I’ll make sure to ask him.

2 Likes

The GFM is still open.

2 Likes

Sorry about your loss.

2 Likes

Thank you – at least now we have Nickel and Allspice to keep our spirits up.

3 Likes

Here’s Nickel having fun in new way

8 Likes

Genius! He’ll be at it for hours and then sleep the rest of the day.

3 Likes
3 Likes

BTW, my wife crocheted the blue ball with a jingle ball inside. Our first cat loved them (and we recently found one from that era, maybe 35 years old?). The six cats were “meh.” But Nickel loves 'em.

7 Likes