The Pets Thread

For anyone who donated to my GoFundMe for the cats: I’m sorry to report that due to logistics issues & me being incapable of making an appointment for medical care, the money has been used to buy them food and litter. If I had the ability to transport the cats to the clinic myself, it’d’ve been done as soon as the funds were available. I hope all of you can forgive me.

P.S.: Sugarplum, Fluffy and Gracie are all doing well. In fact, SP has become much more active re cat toys that she’s been before. Fluffy may be with kits as she got out (while in heat) about week or so ago*, before I lured her into the screened-in back porch w/a dish of wet food. Gracie is still reserved but has allowed me to rub her belleh.

*could be longer. Measuring time isn’t what it used to be with me, what with all the near-sameness of my surroundings.

4 Likes

New roommate:

11 Likes

I suspect that shenanigans are afoot! Or underfoot, as the case may be :smiley: Congratulations to the dapper lil fluff and the whole family!

7 Likes

Please document further size adjustments.

6 Likes

I refuse to believe it until you have provided at least 50 follow-up photos taken over time as proof of continued closeness.

5 Likes

Old roommate who hates new roommate… a bit less than every other cat and dog. He’s not a monster.

But he has yet to make nice or snuggle with the adorableness. Very stressed, hence the overly groomed bare butt. Or we need to worm him again. Probably both:

7 Likes

Eating his own weight in fish:

9 Likes

You’re both so lucky! So adorb!

4 Likes
6 Likes

I had a little lady who had to go for once a year steroid injections because she did this. Doc said it she had very sensitive skin, plus probably some anxiety. I hope this lil sweetie gets better!

5 Likes

This is sort of tangential. And a warning for others.

One of the cats’ plastic water bowls was encrusted with minerals. I scrubbed it off with vinegar (the cleaner kind, not the food kind); however a film was left. So the next time I said to myself, “I’m gonna clean this thing till it shines, darn it.” So I filled the bowl with vinegar and left it on the counter overnight.

Needless to say lots of other things ended up on the counter; dishes, mugs, plates, plastic bags, bowls, a couple of plastic trays we use under the cats’ food, etc. As I was filling the dishwasher, I just grabbed the bowl. I had forgotten what was in it, and spilled a lot of vinegar.

Now the surface tension of vinegar = 55 mN/m, vs. 72 mN/m for water. That small difference was enough for the vinegar to spread far more than water would have, under dishes, mugs, plates, plastic bags, bowls, the plastic trays we use under the cats’ food, etc. It took quite a bit of cleaning before the vinegar smell went away.

tl;dr: If you soak a bowl with vinegar overnight, put it in the sink.
And cats probably don’t mind minerals coating their water bowl.

9 Likes

The only cat I’ve ever seen not turn up his nose at a store bought cat bed.

11 Likes

Transition from perceptual cliff kitten to kitten launching himself all over the place is official:

10 Likes

I got two cat beds a couple years ago, and they sat out for a couple weeks before any cats tried them. I think they smelled too weird, and had to start smelling like the house. Now, they are very popular sleeping spots.

ETA fix spelling

6 Likes

That’s a yawn. He was hungry but not until he crawled into the crook of my arm and conked out for 5 minutes.

10 Likes

Last week and this week in the same cat bed.

11 Likes

So adorb!

3 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

For the first time, verified all four feets are on the floor.

10 Likes