The Pets Thread

Eyes are green now.

13 Likes

Gracie had kittens last night/this morning!

7 Likes

A cluttered room containing a clutter of cats!

5 Likes

From earlier this afternoon, taken by my son.

7 Likes

He’s acting more catlike now that he’s got the other cat to tolerate him.

8 Likes

Allspice and Nickel have the longest tails I’ve ever seen on a cat. Pretty obvious on Allspice in this photo, but less so on Nickel – but that’s just due to Nickel’s position.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Born in the late-night/early-morning hours of 4/30 & 5/1/24.

3 Likes

WIN_20240524_18_20_02_Pro
This is Ziggy, the runt of Gracie’s litter of six kittens. He’s half their size, his right eye is bigger than the left one, and his head looks too big for his body. But he’s a sweetie with a strong spirit!

9 Likes

Who the fuck is this and what has it done with the kitten.

The teenage years.

10 Likes

WIN_20240604_09_25_35_Pro

Old cookie tins can be used for more than just sewing notions!

8 Likes

WIN_20240604_19_56_56_Pro

7 Likes

NEWS FLASH: Ziggy ate some bits of one of those hard-shell/soft-center cat treats! It’s the first solid food he’s eaten!

Meanwhile, the Fancy Feast canned kitten food that I put out was scarfed up by the adult and her teenage daughter, but none of the kittens touched it.

6 Likes

And now, I think Ziggy is dying. He won’t take any kitten milk or water, though I did get some formula into his mouth and I know he swallowed it because it didn’t all dribble out of his mouth. But he’s had diarrhea, probably from formula that was in the fridge that I thought was still good, and which he drank eagerly. But who knows? All I know is that I hope he gets stronger.

7 Likes

He’s gone. He looks so peaceful. I have an old man’s handkerchief that’s nice & soft to use as a shroud. Today would’ve been Luke’s 33rd b-day, and his death-date is the 25th.

9 Likes

That’s heartbreaking.
You have my condolences.

7 Likes

oh no. i’m so sorry. :’ (

7 Likes

That’s so sad. Please find some peace.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry, friend. You made his little time as nice as it could possibly have been.

7 Likes

Thanks to all for your condolences. My mom died in June, too, on the 23d. If there’s an afterlife, she’s got a full lap of cats!

9 Likes