The wild animals that live among us

We’ve seen at least a half dozen adult deer these past couple months, mostly crossing the street our house is on from the pond back to the woods. Recently, we saw one crossing our driveway… not babbies, tho.

6 Likes
2 Likes

NOTE: It does not scream!

2 Likes

This is your sofa on drugs

2 Likes
2 Likes

From earlier this evening, maybe an hour or so ago:
IMG_20220824_180324

Sorry about the crappy sound. I gasped when it suddenly turned its head & looked at me!

3 Likes

From two days ago.

The wind crappified the sound for this video. The first shots are of the molt of the mantis. Note the diff in its appearance of the first video. SO COOL!

5 Likes

Bobby, a.k.a. Spotty Bob.
IMG_20221030_183221
IMG_20221030_183215
IMG_20221030_183206

4 Likes
2 Likes

I rescued a bird, a starling I think, from this duct that’s at the top of my water heater:
IMG_20230101_135140

The end that attaches to the water heater lifts up easily. I took it by its leg - the first part to come out - ran upstairs, flung open the doors, and released it outside, where it swooped effortlessly away.

I’d been hearing scratching noises a couple of days prior and wondered what it was. My son didn’t hear it till today. What I’m wondering about is how it into the duct in the first place. I hope it’s not the chimney, because that would mean there’s a gap in the screen up there. Oh well, the bird is out where it belongs, and that’s what matters the most.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I’m not sure this is a thing of joy, except maybe to the pigs? And I’m glad some coverage is going to the other US land border!

4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

What a big nose!

1 Like
6 Likes
1 Like

Our next door neighbor managed to capture this guy:

He sent a video of releasing the beastie in the wilds somewhere.

Little rascal was probably the one who got in our garbage in the last day or two.

7 Likes

Our neighbor caught another one.

He’s releasing them by the river, miles away. Apparently there are a lot of raccoons there already.

6 Likes