Time out from the other place

Yet you still reposted them, knowing everyone else would be able to identify the person by their avatar, and knowing they were actively participating in this thread, not even 5 posts before yours?

ezgif-1-feb6d281f8

If you really just wanted to simply share, you could have left it at “I was banned due to a misunderstanding.” But no, you described it in meticulous and exacting detail, including a “moral of the story,” which is precisely what one does when they’re still grinding an axe over it.

Well, now you’ve dragged it up again in a second, entirely different website, so we’re talking multiple times now. I think the evidence is piling up.

I also seem to remember one of the mods saying the new site was a chance for a fresh start, so we could leave old grudges behind. So much for that, I guess.

10 Likes

Hang in there, kiddo, we love you.

tenor-2

11 Likes

We can’t make anyone else be a better person, any more than we can ‘force’ people to agree with us…

8 Likes

I’m sorry you’re feeling so low…

Lilo Stitch Hug at beach

Take a break if you need one, we’ll be here for you when you’re ready to return!

10 Likes

Damn I thought the moral of the story was gonna be some kind of introspection or personal growth or something. Bummer.

14 Likes

1d24295959149163c56bcc1ef0ba7eab

11 Likes

Just a reminder for no one but me, but if you’re an admin, it will pretty much do whatever you click on, generally without any prompting for confirmation, so like be careful and stuff…

11 Likes

We like awesome people like you here too. Feel free to invite any awesome people to Elsewhere. Also feel free to invite any people who are the opposite of awesome somewhere else. :wink:

12 Likes

A 10% failure rate isn’t very encouraging.

1 Like

I was repeatedly banned because, when my post didn’t show up, I assumed it was a glitch and posted again. It’s the internet. Glitches happen. I was once insulted for not reading some notification I’d never recieved. It’s the internet. Glitches happen. I was later insulted for objecting to an unsafe post. It’s reality. Unsafe posts can be unsafe.

3 Likes

For the most part, I do think he’s fair and even handed. Don’t take my saying 9 out of 10 as some firm figure.

4 Likes

So…

You basically expect perfection from another human being who’s just as fallible as any of us here?

That’s a rather unrealistic standard, just sayin’.

4 Likes

It looks like my mistake may have caused everyone in this topic to start receiving notifications for every reply in this topic. Sorry about that. I’ve been thinking about ways to increase engagement here, but that wasn’t part of the plan. As far as I know, you should still be able to adjust the notification settings like normal, it was just turned up to Watching on accident.

12 Likes

Perfection? No.

But if I were a cook and I screwed up 1 out of every 10 plates I sent out of the kitchen, I think I’d have a lot of unhappy customers.

I don’t always agree with the way things are run over there. Jason can be a prick. But I think Ken does a pretty good job.

Maybe let’s just agree that the 9 out of 10 assessment was too critical, and that he’s more capable than that?

1 Like

I always thought that was more of a colloquial phrase that meant “the majority of the time” and not an actual assessment. We could always crowd source a spreadsheet though if anyone wants metrics.

6 Likes

Which is indeed what I intended… but who cares what I meant… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

No I don’t ‘just agree’ to that… because you’re basically misconstruing Mindy’s valid point by arguing semantics needlessly.

4 Likes

Fine. I won’t argue with you anymore.