Time to Name Names

The chart suggests you really can’t go wrong with “Nnnnn.”

“Nn” for short.

10 Likes

There’s no way this could go wrong. God help you @infundibulum.

16 Likes

Another one already? We just sacrificed Popo!

I haven’t even cleaned the blood off the pyramid yet.

11 Likes

That was necessary for the Chosen One to arise. Watch for the signs.

11 Likes
7 Likes

It’s only the Café name, not their real name.

It’ll be fine.

Totally fine.

10 Likes

Not at all. This is a happy time, and with this kind of moment you really want to dial it in. 'Twas a minute clarification, and offering of a second-hand idea of my own with a different angle.

7 Likes

Elsewhere McMutantface?

13 Likes

Macadam?

7 Likes

As I stated before in the baby name thread at the “other place”, I’m still leaning towards Zoltan.

5 Likes

How about NFN NMN NLN? That should cause no recordkeeping problems at all…

He can hang out there with Mr. Fnu Lnu

6 Likes

Thank you for confirming my own analysis. I can’t wait to see what our community will choose to name little infantibulum.

I believe our system as designed is foolproof. It would be naive to ignore the possibility that some prankster, in a misguided attempt at humour, might suggest a frivolous or inappropriate name, but our built-in safeguards should take care of that contingency. The members here are unfailingly helpful and supportive, and take their responsibilities seriously, so the number of likes given for each suggested name will generate a consensus that the naming committee can take into account when preparing the short list. This should weed out any unacceptable proposals.

In addition, in the event that the winning name is not in accord with @infundibulum’s personal preference, she can exercise her veto, with no requirement to justify her decision.

Of course, @infundibulum can submit her own suggestions. I hadn’t considered accepting proposals from her older child, but since we already have a strong contender from her (Meee) I’m in favour of giving her big-sister privileges. Infundibulum’s partner, as an adult, is obviously free to join and enter the competition. All this adds up to a solid home team advantage for the family, as is proper.

Looking at all the excellent suggestions received so far, I’m confident that we will generate the optimum name for our new arrival.

12 Likes

I don’t understand. :confused:

7 Likes

Mutant Baby

9 Likes

The cats just received a meal including “beef ‘n’ liver.” It occurred to me that this is an excellent name, as in Sir Fauntleroy Quackenbush Beefenliver the Bold.

14 Likes

Ive been calling him Chunxatawny Phil because he’s massive (9 lbs at birth - didn’t feel that way) and loves to eat.

13 Likes

Shouldn’t that be Lord Fauntleroy?

4 Likes

Or “Null”.

10 Likes

Congrats @infundibulum!

I have no suggestions for baby names, as it took me almost the entirety of my own pregnancy to come up with one for my own offspring.

11 Likes

If only we had been there to help.

14 Likes