Time to Name Names

Indeed. There are so many classic first names that go with the last name “Matic”: Kariss, Otto, Traum, Melodra…

14 Likes

Pronounced Mel-OH-drah? I think Melodra would be a pretty name.

It’s probably good that I’ve never been tasked with naming a human being, that’s serious business.

13 Likes

It’s funny; that’s exactly what I was thinking too. I only meant to make a bad pun, but ended up with a name I really liked the sound of.

11 Likes

I’ve wanted a little Mazda sportscar for some time, but only so I could change the name to a Mazda Miasma.

So Miasmatic might work.

6 Likes

Congrats!! May I suggest this for a name?

10 Likes

Enig?

11 Likes

You forgot “Enig.”

Damn ninjas…

12 Likes

I prefer Coke Classic.

8 Likes

Noted.

Cine.

System.

Hydro.

Mathe.

8 Likes

Aro
Rheu
Axio
Prag

7 Likes

Epigram

9 Likes

I like this. Karis Matic. It works.

German for dream. Because nobody who speaks German can be a bad person.

[holds nose]

Anyway…

Asth
Diagram
Insta
Problem
Symptom

6 Likes

Diaphram

6 Likes

Emblem

6 Likes

If I ever have a shit-ton of cyber-babies, I’ll know what to name them all.

Mag.

Chrom.

Apose.

Enzym.

Haem.

Phlegm.

9 Likes

“And these are the triplets, Prag, Mag, and Phleg.”

9 Likes

Erm… Although I wasn’t trying specifically for word roots that sounded like good names, I was limiting myself to ones that sounded like names

7 Likes

What’s in a name?

(Aside from the prejudices that people will inevitably form, based just upon the way it sounds, that is…)

7 Likes

https://www.kalzumeus.com/2010/06/17/falsehoods-programmers-believe-about-names/

:wink:

8 Likes
  1. I can safely assume that this dictionary of bad words contains no people’s names in it.

Tell me about it. I once had a client named “Menlove”, who had worked for the same company since he was a student, the e-mail system of which had never blocked his name. And here I am, one of the first vendors he has to deal with (he wasn’t usually vendor-facing), and none of his e-mails are getting through to me. Argh.

11 Likes