To Alcohol! The Cause of, and Solution to, All of Life's Problems

I swear there was a scene in 10-Forward where Riker and crew were all obviously “Comfortably Numb” and Red Alert sounds (or something requiring sober bridge officers) and Riker shakes his head and is suddenly sober and ready to Kill, Diplomat, or Seduce (the Federation’s version of Kill, Marry, Fuck)

9 Likes

Malört.

I don’t believe I’d heard of it until this year when it popped up on the news cycle in Greater Chicagoland

And then again today a coworker (and native) brought it up in discussion and mentioned he knew about it but had never drank it.

A search engine later turned up

So, one trip to Binny’s and

I’m not sure what all the fuss is about. Okay. It’s a little bitter, but tasty in it’s own way.

Not one that I’d polish off a bottle over a weekend, but I’m sure it will be long gone before that damned Genever that still taunts me from the shelf.

8 Likes

mmm, genever.

so this is a liqueur, then? i’ve heard of it, but don’t know anything about it. we’ve been having fun subbing in about a quarter- to a half-ounce of various liqueurs into our manhattans lately. bitter usually works great when offset by an equal amount of sweet vermouth. our favorite lately is a sweet vermouth/cynar blend.

6 Likes

Yes, a liqueur, I’d class it as a digestif.

Will definitely use it as bitters in something though.

6 Likes

Ah, malort. Tonight’s the night you fight your dad.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Hosted a birthday party last night - and got our first ever police caution.

Stoner lifehack: no bowl for potato crisps? Slice the bag in half, lengthwise.

Other tips: always carry a sharpie. You can use the tally method to count how many drinks or edibles consumed.

13 Likes

I do not have that much time to scrub up in the morning.

8 Likes

I would think you’d get a better bowl going across the bag.

7 Likes

I don’t think that would sit-and-not-fall-over as well.

5 Likes

It would have a higher center of gravity.

4 Likes

But higher walls, and less of a tendency to go completely flat in the middle.

4 Likes

We need to do a computer simulation.

6 Likes

Nail polish remover should pull it off quickly.

9 Likes

Hand sanitizer might work too.

8 Likes

and/or alcohol, since Sharpies are alcohol-based.

8 Likes

i used to take notes on how much I drank (i was living with professional DJ’s and social-drinking a lot) until i noticed it was turning “writing in my notebook” into a drink trigger

10 Likes
5 Likes

Interesting, but not interesting enough for me to go to Virginia to get it.

Also it’s an IPA.

4 Likes

i love IPAs, but i don’t understand the appeal of this at all.

5 Likes