To Alcohol! The Cause of, and Solution to, All of Life's Problems

Tonight is Bourbon-rific!

Why?

1. It is friday, my dudes.
  2. The partner appears to be employed.
  3. People are over and it makes their presence more tolerable.
  4. I have an excuse to ignore the work emails that …really… that shit can wait until Monday.
12 Likes

I have a similar story.

Last Friday, I was out at a fundraiser dinner. As always at these things, there was a raffle.

I won a prize.

I am so done with work for the week.

15 Likes

Quite nice. I can bring my own glencairn if that helps.

7 Likes

I’m not sure if I’m on the cause of or solution to side of all life’s problems…but I am feeling comfortably numb at the moment.

And I’m trying to do TECHNOLOGICAL THINGS…but I’m a wee bit bit past the Balmer Peak (But I think I can still link to an external site)

8 Likes

That’s like what my knit friends and I call “drunken master knitting”. You don’t want to be actually drunk, just in that in between zone, and all of a sudden you can plough through a huge amount of stitching in very little time, so long as it’s not an overly complex pattern.

May your time be productive.

11 Likes

In honor of St. Patrick’s day - Irish Whiskey

At home, since no one wanted to go down to the city today.

11 Likes

A moment of silence, please…

9 Likes

I just saw this. Part of me says, “Really? What s gimmick. They don’t even tell you what they’re making the vodka from.”

And the rest of me says: “I want this. When is it coming out?” :rofl:

8 Likes

If they’re going for any authenticity whatsoever, it’ll be made of synthehol.

7 Likes

Synthehol (a portmanteau of “synthesized” and “alcohol”) is a chemical variant of alcohol. It appears to have the same taste and smell as “real” alcohol to most individuals, but none of the deleterious effects associated with alcohol for most humanoids, such as debilitating intoxication, addiction, and alcohol poisoning.

whats_the_point.gif

11 Likes

For vodka, sure. But for drinks with great taste and high alcohol content, this would be a trillion-dollar invention.

6 Likes

i meant to post this here earlier, but a friend on twitter hipped me to this one, and it’s been my favorite drink all week so far. yummy!

A Taste of Treason:

3 Likes

Taste of Treason

1 oz rye whiskey - Usually not stocked at my place as I will drink Ryes, but haven’t found one I really like

1 oz Aperol - I’d have to pick this one up

1 oz Dolin Blanc - Vermouth. Why did it have to be vermouth.

3 dashes of orange bitters - I do have a few options here

Yeah, I’ll stick to my G&Ts if I’m in a cocktail mood

5 Likes

well, i love gin like the dickens and i won’t turn it down, but this is a really tasty drink in its own right.

EDIT: you don’t like vermouth? it’s like the basis of only a jillion cocktails, including the martini.

6 Likes

How I make a martini…

Take the glass. Show it the bottle of vermouth. Add in the gin and the olives. Maybe some brine if I want it dirty.

I keep thinking I haven’t had the right vermouth. But I’m in no hurry to find it.

7 Likes

that’s how i used to make them too – or i’d face towards france. more often than not, i’d use a mister bottle to lightly spray the glass or the shaker. but then i started exploring different vermouths, and making my martinis wetter so i could taste them. Dolin is a very nice vermouth – at least, it works for me.

3 Likes

I’ll give it a try the next time I’m inclined.

2 Likes

The Eggsy (Kingsman) martini?

“Gin, not vodka, obviously, stirred for ten seconds while glancing at an unopened bottle of vermouth.”

7 Likes

it only says DEBILITATING intoxication.

You can get drunk, you just can’t get to blackout levels or get hung over.

6 Likes

Gee, I thought that was part of the experience. :drooling_face:

5 Likes