Today's view

The view from my office this morning.

11 Likes

Eight days since the last post. This will not stand!

Today’s view out my window. Lovely day. Pity I’m ill.

Korean kids think that jumping in front of your shot is funny. Here’s one of the elementary schools I work at.

I’m normally the last person to suggest making life easier for car owners but Gunsan has kilometers of unused track and abandoned buildings alongside it. They all go through several traffic bottlenecks in the city. I’d rip them up and place a few one way streets in an effort to ease congestion.

6 Likes

To be fair, I don’t think that’s unique to Korean kids. Or kids, actually.

5 Likes

Adults linger in the back of the shot making faces, knowing that no one will notice until it’s far too late… :+1:

2 Likes

A school I will never lay eyes on again.

A route to that school I will never walk along again.

11 Likes

Some more work piccies…

Thursday at the sand mine, doing some planting on a topsoil translocation site:

Gully forest at Epping on Tuesday:

And on the slopes of Lane Cove on Wednesday. Horizontal knife for reference.

10 Likes

Hopefully these don’t break the board’s formatting. I sized them for Instagram.

Seoul’s Hanyang University and the number two subway as it crosses over the Jungrang River.

The current hotness in Seoul seems to be the dive bar and Korean pub food restaurants district across from Konkuk University. I went a bit too early and most of the crowd were underage so I snapped some street views.

11 Likes

My day today started off with a client visit and looked like this:

And ended up with Mrs Cynical and I celebrating our first wedding anniversary with this:

21 Likes

Congrats! One year, 99 to go. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Singapore really is a dystopian cyberpunk wonderland, isn’t it?

5 Likes

That light show looks like something @SteampunkBanana would do! That is one super cool site for an anniversary.

Congratulations!!! :clinking_glasses:

5 Likes

Well, I’m back where I grew up. ‘Home’ for me is wherever I lay my hat.

Looking north from the QEII hospital over where Queen Elizabeth high school used to be. I believe it’s now used for a gardening class. The green area beyond that is The Commons. People are afraid to cross it at night because there are a lot of ways for a mugger to get away.

A reminder at Camp Hill Cemetery that history wasn’t too good for children.

Shrooms! Whooo!

How is it you lose a shirt and not notice?

Just to give you an idea of the sort of place Halifax is, this is the largest monument in the cemetery. It’s for the brew master Alexander Keith, two of the latest products the company he founded provides left as a memorial.

Meanwhile, just 100 steps away, the memorial to Nova Scotian ass-kicker and guy who got us our own government, Joe Howe, is half this size, modest, and very easy to miss without the signs pointing the way.

13 Likes

My uniform arrived today. I can stay in the country now.

16 Likes

This is where Trailer Park Boys is set, right?

3 Likes

First season was filmed just 20 minutes from where I grew up.

5 Likes

full regalia! the Tim’s cup is required for formal parade-dress.

3 Likes

This giraffe is outside our office window.

(A Japanese steakhouse is moving from the 12 floor to down on the 2nd where those windows are, and they’re putting in a lot more ventilation.)

10 Likes

Winter has arrived in Saskatchewan, Canada

16 Likes

My bonsai trees are doing their winter thing, and the moss isn’t looking that happy after some really hot and windy days last month, but Mr. Frog (in the lower right of the photo) is still enjoying himself.

15 Likes

I spent most of this morning doing this.

Dying trees:

Living trees:

The main villian there is:

And have a bonus turkey:

15 Likes