Today's view

I’m not too broke to use a lathe; just too lathey.

17 Likes

12 Likes

Work in progress, began as a cube of timber.

Spalted acacia.

4 Likes

8 Likes

This goose has been getting more and more in my face on my AM run. Today he blocked the path. I might have to fight him.

17 Likes

If this keeps going, I’ll have to make a separate Wanderwood thread.

14 Likes

A little surprise this morning… right before we take off on a road trip

16 Likes

Aliens brought you a satellite dish?

12 Likes

We got a little snow that melted in the morning sun and then froze again.

13 Likes

Sounds good.

2 Likes

We tried to remove that thing. Dealt with the rusty bolts, and then found it’s still too heavy and awkward without cutting it off. Someday we may replace it with a bat box on a pole, but for now it’s a… … conversation piece?

3 Likes

A dish for Christmas.

Got the dark ring by deliberately overcooking the friction polish until the rag began to melt.

19 Likes

This is the prettiest one yet!

5 Likes

Happy several days after solstice, everyone. :slight_smile:

It stopped snowing about an hour before this was taken.

14 Likes

Those are all beautiful! If you have friends who knit or crochet, yarn bowls are very cool surprises.

10 Likes

Not what I was expecting but a good idea.

5 Likes

A friend of mine gave me a ceramic one. I always thought they were too fussy to use, but now that I have one I use it all the time. It really does make the yarn easier to manage, especially if you’re working from something that would otherwise wind up rolling all over the floor.

9 Likes

With the abatement of the holiday stress season, he’s off the path. Perhaps I don’t have to fight this goose.

13 Likes

Perhaps.

Perhaps he’s trying to push the boundaries and see where you won’t fight back. Perhaps he’s trying to test your weaknesses and see just how far he can get without opposable thumbs. Perhaps you let this slide and next thing you know, you’re getting shivved by a group of squirrels while you’re at the drinking fountain.

Toepunt the little bastard across the pond and show them all who’s boss. It’s the only way to be sure.

14 Likes

Well, the geese in the nearby big city park did mob my kid yesterday.

It was kind of her fault, though. She was holding bread instead of throwing it.

10 Likes