4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

That IS a tiny thumb.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Proving yet again what an idiot he is.

6 Likes

Is a taco a “sandwich”? Yes, as a state court in Fort Wayne, Indiana, said on May 13. Quintana v. Fort Wayne Plan Commission, No. 02D02-2212-PL-414 (Super. Ct. Allen County May 13, 2024).

Is a taco a “sandwich”? Such a claim would be “wrong and ridiculous on its face,” as the federal court in Fort Wayne said three days later. See Humphries v. Secretary of Veterans Affairs, 2024 WL 2248735, at *5 n.7 (N.D. Ind. May 16, 2024).

(Not rulings on actual questions before the court(s), so not legal statements, but still…)

3 Likes
3 Likes

NASA Scrapping Finished $450 Million Moon Rover, Will Send Dead Weight "Simulator" to Moon in Its Place

3 Likes
4 Likes

I regret that I didn’t manage to catch a screenshot, but… I was on a site that continuously shows those advertisement videos in a small block on the side, and one of the ads had an amazing bit of gardening advice:

The #1 tip for weeping willows is to plant them near a water source.

:man_facepalming: I mean, sure, someone out there isn’t aware, but c’mon…

5 Likes

Wait, I thought planting them over a water main was the best solution!

3 Likes

7 Likes

When my daughter was in school (diagnosed ADHD and bipolar) my wife had to go to a meeting with them about some trouble she was having. One of the teachers chimed in with “Well her problem is that she wears black clothes. If she just wore more colorful clothes, then she’d be happy and wouldn’t have any problems.”

Let’s just say my wife was way more polite than I would’ve been (which is why she handles stuff like that), but it still did not go well for that teacher!

7 Likes
7 Likes

. . . Titanic Tune

The response on social media was mostly mocking.

“Perfect – because when your campaign’s headed or an iceberg, you might as well set it to music,” said a user named Marc Broklawski on X.

“Is Trump’s campaign being trolled from within?” wrote NBC Universal executive Mike Sington.

“For me it’s perfect for the Tumptanic!” said Antonio Cusano on Instagram.

5 Likes
3 Likes

“We’re at a point right now where it gets it gets harder and harder to write science fiction because we’re living in a science fiction world on a day to day basis."

Yeah, those guys who wrote sci-fi in the age when everyone was sure atomic energy would be the future had it easy!

5 Likes

Certain young-age creationists arguing that

1. The Egyptian Old and Middle Kingdoms occured at the same time.

2. The Ancient Near Eastern Stone and Bronze Ages mostly overlapped.

3. The last ice age also occured at about the same time, ending around the time of the Exodus.

4. The Nile Delta was still underwater, part of the Mediterranean.

5. The Mediterranean was still dry.

I’m amazed that they argued 4 and asserted 5 in the same post.

Internet Archive link: Chronological Framework of Ancient History. Papers 1–5: Response | Answers Research Journal

7 Likes