Um.... what.... aka, this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

10 Likes

Somebody remind this jerk Pol Pot was a communist.

6 Likes

Then you’d have to teach him who Pol Pot was.

(And now I’m humming Dead Kennedys)

7 Likes

Just finished listening to them on YouTube. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

What was the thread about music, shows, etc. that were/are popular in their time but today probably shouldn’t be brought out in public?

Yeah, a lot of DK songs fall in that category

2 Likes
3 Likes

Holiday In Cambodia needs serious context to listen to, not least because it’s espousing the opposite of what the lyrics are saying. It’s like a more extreme version of when that person in Newfoundland tried to get “Money for Nothing” banned because it uses the word “faggot”, apparently not understanding that it’s not an endorsement.

And of course HIC used the n-word, which is a whole other category of nope again.

Let’s just say I only sing along with the chorus.

Edited for autocorrect and my dire lack of tea (three cups in, still ineffective. Usually it’s kicked in by now.)

9 Likes

Yep. I did hear a live version from Jello in the early aughts where it was sung

Braggin’ how you know how the black man feels the cold

Or something like that. Same set list where California Uber Alles talked about Gov. Arnold.

4 Likes

The more I read this article, the more confused I became.

4 Likes

The mountain holds a special place in the country’s identity and is feted as the birthplace of Kim Jong-un’s father.

“His march on horseback in Mt Paektu is a great event of weighty importance in the history of the Korean revolution,” said a KCNA report released on Wednesday. “Sitting on the horseback atop Mt Paektu, [he] recollected with deep emotion the road of arduous struggle he covered for the great cause of building the most powerful country, with faith and will as firm as Mt Paektu.”

5 Likes

Pointy-Haired Boss Astride A Horse

12 Likes

Poor horse! He’s not a small man. Physically anyway.

7 Likes

Surprised it wasn’t a unicorn. Or maybe they are saving the unicorn for the big reveal.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I wonder if you could use that as a knife sharpener.

3 Likes

picard%20facepalm

8 Likes
7 Likes

You’re welcome. :japanese_ogre:

8 Likes

That’s $68 million that everyone else had to cover. When will the 39% realize that? Maybe now that it’s a black man benefiting from their racism-over-all political voting pattern?

13 Likes

Is he a troll or insane? He seems more delusional than Rudy.

4 Likes