(US) Representative Follies

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

People wearing a mask during protests in North Carolina could face extra penalties if arrested, under proposed legislation that critics say could make it illegal to wear a mask in public as a way to protect against COVID-19 or for other health reasons.

Sen. Sydney Batch, a Wake County Democrat who said she was immunocompromised during the pandemic, cited the health exemption removal as one of her biggest concerns about the bill.

When asked by Batch if someone wearing a mask for health purposes in public would be violating the law, a legislative staff member said it would, because the bill repeals the exemption.

GOP Sen. Buck Newton brushed off concerns that getting rid of pandemic-era exemptions on masks was overly broad, saying he expects authorities to use “good common sense.”

6 Likes

Jinx!

5 Likes

The folly here is DeJoy, of course.

3 Likes

Never mind Nevada, how do you pronounce Illinois?

(Apparently the local name was Inoka, while the Ojibwe called them Ilinwa; the /ll/ is a later change. So /Ilinwa/ would be better than /Eijanwa/ or /Ilinoi/.)

3 Likes

“ill-AH-noise” has been the pronunciation I learned.

But never EVER call “Loo-EE-ville” “Loo-ISS-ville” when in Kentucky. And it’s “IP-seh-lan-TEE” NOT “YIP-seh -lan-TEE”, when referring to the hometown of Eastern Michigan University.

Not a locale, but is it “PEE-can” or “peh-CAHN”?

2 Likes
1 Like

Or, as my grandmother used to call it, “PECK-an”

3 Likes

LOLOMG, there’s another one, I love it!

1 Like

This guy’s the rep fo the district I live in.

3 Likes

Wut?

1 Like

Um…ok…

1 Like

It was one of the stupider things to come out of a republican’s mouth biowaste orifice.

2 Likes

Ah, Bach.

I’m really getting fed up with the Jasmine Crockett fans. No, just because Greene did something doesn’t make it okay to insult butches. No, just because Trump insulted disabled people doesn’t make it okay to insult disabled people.

2 Likes
2 Likes

There I Ruined Congress :joy:

4 Likes