(US) Representative Follies

:sob:

Anybody read “Food of The Gods” by Arthur C. Clarke?

3 Likes
4 Likes

It will be interesting to see how a conservative Supreme Court can weasel out of calling this a bill of attainder, which are unconstitutional per Article I, Section 9, Clause 3.

Opinions vary.

https://fedsoc.org/commentary/fedsoc-blog/is-a-ban-on-tiktok-a-bill-of-attainder

And

5 Likes

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4544377-florida-democrat-wears-putin-mask-to-impeachment-hearing/

4 Likes
6 Likes

So much for crop dusting.

6 Likes

“with the express purpose of affecting temperature, weather, or the intensity of the sunlight”

The secret mind-control chemtrails are safe.

8 Likes
6 Likes

For once I agree with her. Of course she’ll want someone even worse (if possible).

6 Likes

You think maybe she’ll select herself?

6 Likes
5 Likes

But his hair is still fabulous.

4 Likes

Tennessee Senate Bill 2691 apparently began life in January as a simple and probably uncontroversial measure that would have shaved 30 days off the time that a seat on the state’s Air Pollution Control Board could remain vacant before that fact had to be reported to the Legislature

I guess that wasn’t important enough to follow through on.

[T]here is at least some evidence the Assembly might not agree that state chemtrail legislation is urgently necessary. I noticed that the Assembly’s Fiscal Review Committee, charged with evaluating the fiscal impact new legislation may have, declared on February 29 that the impact of this legislation would be “not significant.” It took the opportunity to explain:

It is assumed that the action prohibited by this legislation is not currently occurring in this state, nor will it in the future; therefore, this legislation will result in no significant fiscal impact on state government.

Fiscal Memorandum, HB2063–SB 2691 (Feb. 29, 2024) (emphasis added).

5 Likes

Tennessee Senate Votes to Ineffectively Ban Something That Doesn’t Exist

Next they’ll ban intelligence in the Tennessee Senate.

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

People wearing a mask during protests in North Carolina could face extra penalties if arrested, under proposed legislation that critics say could make it illegal to wear a mask in public as a way to protect against COVID-19 or for other health reasons.

Sen. Sydney Batch, a Wake County Democrat who said she was immunocompromised during the pandemic, cited the health exemption removal as one of her biggest concerns about the bill.

When asked by Batch if someone wearing a mask for health purposes in public would be violating the law, a legislative staff member said it would, because the bill repeals the exemption.

GOP Sen. Buck Newton brushed off concerns that getting rid of pandemic-era exemptions on masks was overly broad, saying he expects authorities to use “good common sense.”

6 Likes

Jinx!

5 Likes