(US) Representative Follies

Sadly not like these:

5 Likes
1 Like

She has badly trailed Democrat Adam Frisch, a former Aspen City Council member, in fundraising for the race — and is also feeling heat from several candidates in her own party, most notably Grand Junction attorney Jeff Hurd, who want to beat her in next June’s Republican primary. Several high-powered Republican politicos, like former Gov. Bill Owens and former Colorado Springs Mayor John Suthers, have recently thrown their support behind Hurd.

In the 2022 election, Boebert beat Frisch by just 546 votes in the Republican-leaning district. Her announcement Wednesday caught even some top Republicans off guard, including Colorado Republican Party Chair Dave Williams, who expressed disappointment.

3 Likes
2 Likes

While I’m not particularly fond of all of Biden’s politics and ideals, I don’t think he’s been an “abject failure” as POTUS. It’s scary that Bizarro-Stephen Colbert is right after Ms. Harris for POTUS, though.

4 Likes

Yee-haw!

I don’t get it. I don’t get it. I mean, if I’m emotionally/mentally unbalanced but I know that Biden was indeed voted POTUS in 2020, what does that make her?

2 Likes

Droppin’ like the disease-carrying flies that they are…

His wife is prolly gonna get ousted from “Moms for Liberty”, too. It’s so much like the hypocrisy of the aristocracy of Victorian England: “We can be kinky sexually, but heaven forfend the masses find out we like having sex as much as they do!”

4 Likes
4 Likes

Flashing intro after the first clip.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The impeachment proceedings were initiated by Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Georgia Republican, and after the vote she said she would try for another. She also accused Democrats of playing a “game” for not revealing earlier that Mr Green would cast a vote despite being in hospital.

“They hid one of their members, waiting to the last minute, watching to see our votes, trying to throw us off,” she told reporters after the vote.

4 Likes

If she’s not a cunt, then I don’t know who is.

5 Likes

3 Likes

That trick never works.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Update 1/18/24, 2:42 a.m. ET: This story has been updated with a statement from Rep. Nick Wilson and to note he has withdrawn the original bill and filed an update leaving first cousins within the legal definition on incest.

4 Likes

I can just imagine the reaction of my own Kentucky cousins :grimacing: especially the one who works to bring tourism to the state.

3 Likes

“Let me start off by explaining why I drafted this bill,” said Rep. David Marshall, an Arizona Republican who proposed legislation to ban cell-cultured meat from being sold or produced in the state, during a hearing on the bill. “It’s because of organizations like the FDA and the World Economic Forum, also Bill Gates and others, who have openly declared war on our ranching.”

4 Likes