(US) Representative Follies

3 Likes

Donā€™t fuck with rich peopleā€™s money.

1 Like

How to be a man? Josh Hawley has the (incoherent) answers.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/books/2023/05/18/manhood-josh-hawley-review/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3a0f6ff%2F6467a30b46cd7852d931be83%2F630016b8ca31ee7e66d73ce7%2F40%2F72%2F6467a30b46cd7852d931be83

1 Like
1 Like

Is that Obadiah Stane?

2 Likes

Cue the popcorn machine.

1 Like

What a Crappy Uncaring Nutcase Trollop.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, conservative Christian candidate Frank LaRose kicked off his campaign announcement call to supporters with an NSFW song from the musical comedy duo Garfunkel and Oates. As the Ohio Secretary of State announced his candidacy to hundreds of Republican supporters, G&Oā€™s bop ā€œThe Loopholeā€ began playing in the background.

The song starts out sweetly enough, with the singers proclaiming ā€œAll my life Iā€™ve been good/do what my mom and dad and God say I shouldā€ and taking pride in the fact that they wear a purity ring. But the song quickly devolves into a farce, as G&O realize that they can still keep their ā€œmoralsā€ along with their ā€œhymen intactā€ if they jump right to ā€œfifth baseā€, so they sing ā€œf*ck me in the ass ā€™cause I love Jesusā€.

5 Likes

DataLaughing_opt

6 Likes

I hope they played the video too.

4 Likes

1 Like

Much as I hate that evil little turtle, Iā€™d be lying if I said Iā€™d never done the same. No health problem needed for that, really. Like youā€™re speaking before the entire company or whatever and everyone is expecting you to say something important and you just draw a flat blank. And then people think maybe the silence is because you were trying to lead up to something dramatic and impactful, but you have nothing.

It happens. It sucks. It doesnā€™t mean you have a medical problem.

As much as I hate the guy, Iā€™ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

He has a health problem - post-polio syndrome. I donā€™t know of anyone who had the disease as a kid that didnā€™t have it affect them later on it life after a period of recovery, but Iā€™m sure thereā€™s some out there.

And he is 81. Also:

4 Likes