Victory! 🌷💥🎆🎉😎 I'm a Rockstar!

Sorry you are still not back to full health.

12 Likes

I moved to Chattanooga this week.

About 2 years ago, I took an organizing course and over time I’ve gotten to where what I learned is very natural for me.

As I’ve unpacked my kitchen items, I found they were coated in a layer of grease from my old place not being properly vented.

So, I’ve spent an entire day and a half scrubbing pots and pans with degreaser (Myer’s Method, highly recommended) and soaking things in vinegar and water, and running loads of dishes, and now every single thing in my kitchen sparkles. And it’s really nicely organized.

I’m really proud of myself. Just that I waited to get the rest of the place unpacked so the kitchen willl be lovely, and that I actually learned how to put together a space so I can keep it clean - it’s tajen me a long time to do this.

I feel like this move is a huge shift for me to finally be able to create the home that reflects my personality and supports me to be my best.

18 Likes

Fabulous!

[adds Meyers to shopping list]

4 Likes

I double checked and the product is Method not Myers. I’ll edit the original post.

4 Likes

https://methodhome.com/products/heavy-duty-degreaser/

4 Likes

@Wanderfound warned us a while ago that SSRI’s are dangerous, but I didn’t listen. I was on one all through last winter. In the spring I discovered I’d gained a lot of weight, which is a known side effect. FUCK. So all through the summer I was

and as of a few days ago I thought I was still stuck between 26 and 27, but today it’s between 25.08 and 25.37, according to my bathroom scale. Not through the goal posts yet but back within what I used to think of as my normal range. I was afraid I’d permanently fucked up my metabolism :sweat_smile:

17 Likes

Great news!

6 Likes

Antihistamines in general make people gain weight, I guess, and that includes SSRI’s and even vitamin C. It has occurred to me that some things we do to make ourselves “healthier” can also make us heavier, like cows bingeing on antibiotics.

5 Likes

And then there’s prednisone, which can make you bloat up like a zeppelin.

4 Likes

I was going through everything on my “vitamin shelf” looking up what’s supposed to make you retain fluid and what’s supposed to get rid of it

5 Likes

I’m a two-time SSRI survivor (Prozac and Zoloft); I doubt I’ll be doing that again. I’m taking the exercise cure instead, which works decently well as long as it includes high-intensity periods a couple times a week (defined as working too hard to say much at all). I was at the doctor’s last month and my depressive past came up, and he said (knowing me) “but you don’t want me to prescribe anything?” Thank you, no.

Great news on your weight loss. I was trying for that this summer but no change.

9 Likes

Gig City! (For the municipal broadband.) Congratulations on setting that new direction.

8 Likes

I LOVE IT!!! (and yes, I got the Gig!)

Just came back from the Business Incubator I live next door to and this city rocks hard. So much joy and fun and innovation.

11 Likes

Avec Les Nicholas Brothers.

5 Likes

AND TODAY: weighed myself three times, BMI was 24.56, 24.99, 24.20

Achievement unlocked :unlock: I guess. I’m officially, right this minute, not overweight.

13 Likes

I’ve always wondered. Is avec like flan? Some kind of fancy French flexible-flavor flan that can be savory or seafood, NASCAR or kosher? It’s so much with things.

6 Likes

Ripped!

3 Likes

Hardly :roll_eyes: actually I’m the least ripped ever at this actual number. NOW I KNOW: deliberately messing with my fluid levels is a strategy that will make me lose weight and still look fat :confused:

It’s OK, whatever, summer’s over, I’ll take the technical win

8 Likes

By way of an update to my previous post about smoking too much, I finally found a vaporiser shop and they were as nice as they could possibly have been. I walked in expecting a hard sell and that I would leave with something unsuitable, which I would have to adjust over time: “I have [X vaporiser] but it’s too mild/too strong/not refillable/etc etc etc.”

One member of staff spoke English and she translated for the other three, who all had their areas of expertise. Between them, we found an ideal dose, size, ohm resistance (this makes a huge difference in the drag you take on it) and an almost-perfect (but still slightly too sweet) flavour.

I am very, very pleased with my new toy and even more pleased by the fact that I have only smoked two cigarettes today instead of twenty:

They gave me a choice of rings to protect the glass chamber and Mrs Cynical absolutely insisted that I get the Batman one… :smile:

ETA: Rest assured, I have lined up the logo and the button since this photo was taken.

15 Likes

Good for you! I haven’t had a cigarette since November 2014, because of nicotine vape.

In my experience, whichever flavor you select, if you stick with it, will lose its flavor. Like how you stop smelling something you’ve been smelling all day. I don’t recall how long it took me, though.

8 Likes