Victory! ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ’ฅ๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜Ž I'm a Rockstar!

I MADE IT TO SPRING BREAK :tada::fireworks::sparkler::rice_scene::tada:

14 Likes

Made it through open heart surgery and the first critical week of recovery. I will probably be released from the hospital tomorrow. Thanks goes mostly to a whole slew of medical professionals and Libbey.

Iโ€™m walking around without direct assistance, slowly, most of the tubes and wires have been removed, and have no serious issues. Iโ€™m over the hump, with much less uncertainty and breathing more easily (literally).

26 Likes

YAY!!!
ย 

12 Likes

Iโ€™m glad surgery and recovery went well, and I hope you keep getting better. All the best things in the world for you, your medical pros, and for Libbey.

11 Likes

Thank goodness your post was not in the Piercing the Veil thread. Glad that you are still with us and hopefully heart on its way to full health.

11 Likes

Awarded first grant to my lab. Excited to hire on some students in much better roles than most of the jobs available to them around here.

21 Likes

Got my phone back from the fixit shop today. It works! Though at first it was reluctant to work off a chargerโ€ฆ while the charging port replacement is a success, the battery is starting to fail. But I can coax the phone along by keeping it charged until the replacement battery (plus external battery charger) comes in the mail, so thatโ€™s okay. And it only cost me $35 for the repair, which is so much cheaper than buying another phone. Thanks to Planet Mobile of Dearborn, Iโ€™m back in business! Yay!

11 Likes

Wow! A very late congratulations and I hope your health is continuing to improve!

office%20feel%20better%20hug%20glomp

9 Likes

I donโ€™t know about either victory or rock star, but I finished something.

The something was the final assignment in the UX course Iโ€™m taking, worth 50% of the final grade. Itโ€™s been a slog for the entire month itโ€™s been assigned because I am still sick โ€“ this is the start of Week 5 or 6, I forget which. There were a lot of nights where I really, desperately wanted to work on it โ€“ and fell asleep straight after dinner.

So itโ€™s not nearly as good as I wanted it to be, but it is done, and it is submitted, and that means I will get more than zero on it. Thatโ€™s a start.

(For the record, I got 95% on the mid-term assignment, worth 30% of the final grade and completed just when I was starting to get sick, but planned out when I was still well. Which only added to the stress of the final.)

13 Likes

Man getting the 99 Bear Kicks is hard.

7 Likes

Spring semester is officially over! Just submitted the grades!

word-girl-monkey

20 Likes

hell%20yeah%20natalie%20portman

11 Likes

The wheels of justice move slowly, but move they do. Finally free of Chad. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Celebration time, yโ€™all - cracking open the victory rum now.
:beers::beers::beers:

18 Likes

That is great news!

Umโ€ฆ do you think Chad learned anything from the experience?

9 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
AHAHAHAHAโ€ฆ no.

10 Likes

11 Likes

Why have you been calling this guy โ€œChadโ€? That name has got a very specific bad connotation these days.

8 Likes

Thatโ€™s why

6 Likes

And heโ€™s been living up to it.

9 Likes

Good job to everyone who called and wrote their Senators about todayโ€™s Net Neutrality vote. Long way to go, but we got an unexpected Republican on our side, and thatโ€™s good.

8 Likes