Victory! 🌷💥🎆🎉😎 I'm a Rockstar!

This was for a biostats class.

7 Likes

I replaced the fan switch on a ceiling fan that has been broken for 2 years. My partner kept saying he would do it. He kept on not doing it for so long that I figured I wouldn’t make it work less by trying, so I did. And it dropped the upstairs temp below 90, yesterday afternoon, fuck yeah.

I’m sure this is small for some of the folks around here, but I’m pretty fucking proud of myself. It’s been such a hard week that I’ll take even a small win.

21 Likes

No, that’s a big win! You fixed it, and made your life better. Good on ya!

13 Likes

I’ll call this one over all a victory.

Monday morning. Bleh. Glace at schedule. Pretty full. Double Bleh.

0830 - Call from Dr office. Appointment cancelled. (that annoyed me, but not worth a rant)
0900 - Director cancels the Monday morning staff meeting
0930 - Digging through email, vendor is sick and can’t make the scheduled call.
0945 - Email that interview candidate has accepted another position.
1000 - Project Manager cancels meeting as there is nothing to report.

I’m free. An entire day without meetings.

Blocking off the rest of the day so noone screws it up.

13 Likes

I’m confused. How is that an excuse for canceling a meeting?

8 Likes

Lucky! I’ve got the opposite.

I had 4.5 hours of known meetings, only to discover at the last minute there was a lunchtime meeting I was supposed to be invited to but wasn’t (found out because someone on my team dropped by and said, “aren’t you gong to the meeting?”). So I’ve got 5.5 hours of meetings today, when I’m supposed to be writing docs as “urgent top priority” because they’re desperately behind.

8 Likes

This PM knows how I feel about Project meetings in general. Pointless meetings that can be summed in an email?

She just does the email now for my meetings.

I’m tempted to buy this cup for the office…

8 Likes

What’s worse, the meetings derail my productivity. I will have to get to a stopping point like 15 minutes before the meeting starts, or else risk starting something else I will get sucked into that will either make me late for the meeting or miss it entirely. Then, I have to pick up where I left off, and it will take me another 15 minutes to get into the rhythm that I naturally had before. So basically I just wasted an hour when I could have just as easily fired off a quick five-minute email when I got the chance :tired_face:

8 Likes

In pennance today I had a meeting I expected to be 1/2 hour go to 2 hours and completely missed lunch due to it.

9 Likes

In penance for your spelling transgression, I sentence you to time served.

7 Likes

They give out pennants for spelling transgressions now?

9 Likes

That’s dependent on the transgression.

6 Likes

Didn’t you get a pendant for being a pedant?

11 Likes

More or less. It was supposed to be won as a mark of penitence and awarded as part of the penalty for an impending suspension. However, mine was awarded by the Wolf, without any penalty, as a result of my penchant for pedantry impeding a conversation: just penciled in, so to speak.

So it doesn’t quite feel properly earned.

11 Likes

You penned that brilliantly!

10 Likes

Really? I was pensive, as it often happens that my penmanship is impenetrable.

11 Likes

I have a YouTube channel where I interview yoga people. It’s mostly a way to help my friends learn how to be comfortable in front of a camera and getting interviewed. I have all of 20 subscribers, and the most people that have ever attended a videoconference was 7, to give you an idea of the scale of things.

Recently we’ve gotten a couple of bigger fish on the show.

We’ve had the Finnish philosopher, Petri Berndstrom:

And Rabia Hayak who is trying to get Breathwork into the dictionary:

BUT, on July 15th, I am going to host a real celebrity, the craziest yoga superstar of them all, the OG Laughter Yogi.

https://www.laughingyogi.org/

He joined my Facebook group!

I’m not sure how this all happened and it’s so weird but okay, game on, I guess I’m in the big time now.

13 Likes

All I can think of when reading that is…

6 Likes

My online course that I’ve been working on for the past 6 months goes into Beta tonight and launches SUNDAY!!!

17 Likes

Fantastic!!!

What platform are you using to deliver it?

8 Likes