7 Likes

You are a god.

9 Likes

Specifically, Prometheus.

11 Likes

I applaud your choice

5 Likes

Yep.

That “more chins than a Chinese phone book” line from my video would have been highly questionable.

7 Likes

One thing I’ve always wanted, since I lost it as a kid, and have finally recaptured…

I now have wood burning in my fireplace.

16 Likes

Is that what the kids are calling it these days? :wink:

Looks cozy!

10 Likes

Congrats on your new digs!!! Love it :heart::rainbow::pray:

8 Likes

One kid napped, and the other didn’t. So I built the napping one her new LEGO table. We’re leaving for the holidays Tuesday, so I think I’ll tell her Sant came early because he was worried about delivering her big gift.

11 Likes

I’m glad the kid napping worked out so well for you

8 Likes

One of the ongoing fights between my husband and I during our time together was about furniture, decorating, and our home. It was so important to me, and instead of working with me he fought me tooth and nail.

When I moved to Chattanooga, I found that creating a beautiful space was so important that I found a way to get it done really fast. Today I took delivery on part 1 of a custom woodworking order, which also includes a coffee table and bed. Today it was a total of 10 shelves - 4 here and 6 in my guest bedroom (not yet styled but photos later).

These are cherry, from a local farm. GORGEOUS. And displayed on them my favorite artists - top shelf - plates by Tord Boontje (small blue plate by my daughter in his style), bottom - my daughter’s pottery. On cabinet - metal sculpture by my daughter.

All I can say is living well is the best revenge. I am so happy and excited to see all this beauty in my own space. :heart:

12 Likes

11 Likes

I love those plates! I remember when you first posted about them. It looks like the apartment is really coming together.

9 Likes

Me too!! They are amazing. These are just the large plates I barely use. My daily service is also from the series. I can’t wait to post more pics as the place gets put together. This place is going to be more beautiful than I ever imagined.

My coffee table and bathroom shelves come in 2 weeks and we will see when the bed comes together - but sneak peek design inspo below. Word is that the wood is walnut with very dark wood and light sap for variation with a great rough live edge. I’m super excited to see it. Currently drying in a kiln in Nashville.

13 Likes

Wow, that’s nice.

10 Likes

9 Likes

With the except of one class (4.3) all my evals were 4.7 or above… one was 4.9!

So, I’m not a total loser!

21 Likes

Way to go!

7 Likes

I’m trying to help Surviving Dog lose some weight. So I’ve been running her a 5k every morning, then taking myself another 5k every other morning. She seems much happier, and I feel pretty good, too. We’re trying to get into new household routines for when school resumes in two weeks. I used to get up at 5 every day. I think it’s still going to be a while before that’s possible with the baby, but if my husband can have the kids en route to school reliably and I can be running by 7:30, it should all work out.

I also had a software paper accepted. :tada:

15 Likes