Victory! 🌷💥🎆🎉😎 I'm a Rockstar!

Remember to ask for nitrous oxide.

4 Likes

I’ve never used it, always had Novocain injections. Plus, I gotta drive home.

4 Likes

Nitrous also makes the novocain shots more tolerable. Also, driving home afterwards is no problem.

6 Likes

I second the nitrous oxide. It’s out of your system very shortly after they stop administering. It’s very helpful, in my experience.

7 Likes

I used to get N2O when having a colonoscopy, but now it’s propofol, which I dislike. Makes the whole thing over in zero seconds, with no memory of the procedure. I hate having my memory zapped like that, given I have problems with it anyway, I think due to undiagnosed partial seizures for 10 years as a teenager. Whole gaps are missing of those years – except for all the anxiety due to Crohn’s of course. I remember going on a car trip with my parents one year, and realizing that we had gone on another the year before that was almost totally missing.

Besides, going under by N2O is a gas (ha). It takes a minute or two which is very weird, and though I don’t remember much it’s not like a chunk of my life is missing.

BTW, at college, a cylinder of NO (nitric oxide) when missing once. They had to implore people to NOT use it, and return the cylinder no questions asked. I guess the students responsible were not chem majors.

6 Likes

The effects of nitrous oxide is interesting. It seems to separate you from your body. I was aware of everything that was being done in my mouth, but it felt like it was happening across the room and in a dream.

5 Likes

For me it was like the dentist and assistant were spelunking around in cave full of stalactites and stalagmites and I could just hear the echoes of their voices coming out of the cave. Kind of a pleasant dream state.

5 Likes

Sounds like when I was on a Demerol drip when I was giving birth to my son. But to a lesser degree.

2 Likes

Hooray! I qualified for the Michigan Homeowners’ Assistance Fund grant! My back utility bills & property taxes will be paid! Yaaaaaay!!!

8 Likes

So happy to hear this, Lucy. What a relief for you.

4 Likes

I sold two paintings to a friend from elementary school! And we’re going to be sister-dates to our 40th high-school reunion, to be held at the historic Roostertail (former speakeasy) in Detroit!

IMG_20220321_175038 (1) IMG_20220321_175054 (1)

7 Likes

I just re-cylindered a mortise lock.

5 Likes

Today, I finished the review of the final version of my manuscript, and will scan it once more tomorrow before sending it back. Now I just need to finish putting together the playlist that will be posted on the publisher’s website and then write a blog post on a topic from the book… It’s meant to be out in August!

10 Likes

Travel approved for a work trip to Korea today. Pretty burned out right now so my first trip to Asia is just what I need.

8500 lbs of CO_2 equiv, so I’m going to make the most of it. Might not do this again. We’ll see.

7 Likes

Cool! Never been to Korea, but have been to Kyoto, Japan. That is one neat city, lots of history with amazing sights, e.g., the Golden Pavilion, Imperial Palace, etc.

I’m curious about what this means!

2 Likes

I’m assuming my portion of the carbon content of the fuel load. There’s probably a spec for determining it.

4 Likes

Welp…

I have a discount code if you’re interested in buying my book, so let me know…

11 Likes

Just curious; did you communicate with Legs McNeil?

3 Likes

I did not, though I did reference his book. He has a very NYC-centric view of punk and I’m more of a globalist. :woman_shrugging: I see what they wrote as part of a larger history I’m interested in getting at…

4 Likes

I tried to submit an essay to his website, just to get seen, no $$ involved.

He communicated with me, we shared some anecdoetes. He told me it needed this and that (I think focus and humor), and I asked for specifics and…crickets. I got ghosted.

But you’re an academic so you may or may not’ve gotten better treatment, I dunno. I mean, I didn’t even get a “thank you but no thank you please leave us alone” auto email.

PS: Do you think the Beatles in Hamburg were early Punk? Or is that in the book? :smiley:

3 Likes