Victory! šŸŒ·šŸ’„šŸŽ†šŸŽ‰šŸ˜Ž I'm a Rockstar!

Ughā€¦ That always annoys me. Like it really doesnā€™t take that much effort to write a thanks, but no thanks email. That happened to me once with a journal editor!

Iā€™d argue no, just because I think there is a distinction between punk and rock (which was what their earliest stuff really was), with punk being a subset of rock. But also because I think what punk eventually became was a movement interested in independence from the mainstream music industry that was typified by big rock stars and a kind of mystification of the production end of music. By the 80s, I think punks became far more interested in the demystification of how music is made and how it can be made more democraticā€¦ I think that is far less likely to be the goals of people like the surviving Beatles who benefit off of their nearly god-like status as rock starsā€¦

2 Likes

I was thinking more of their stage behaviour (John in particular, with the toilet seat around his neck, haranguing the Germans by mocking the Nazis), their images (shaped by Astrid Kirscherr via the haircut for one), and their heavy use of amphetamines. The latter is what made their songs only 1:30 long, isnā€™t it, lol?

And Stu Sutcliffeā€¦part of the band for image, not because he could play.

I could imagine the leather-clad, drunken, speeding, pre-Brian-Epstein Beatles performing ā€œBlitzkreig Bopā€ to the audience of The Star Club.

And thereā€™s this, which I think is hilarious (and that you already know about, Iā€™m guessing):

3 Likes

Wow!!! Impressed.

3 Likes

Super cool!

If we ask for and use a discount code, will you still get your full share?

If so, count me in!

But also, Iā€™ll probably get it with or without a discount. And after I finish, Iā€™ll take it to the library so other people can find it too.

4 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Talkinā€™ about music

There is now a playlist up on the pageā€¦

5 Likes

I am promoting you on my Facebook. Maybe itā€™ll get a sale or 2. I have a few friends who are big music nerds.

7 Likes

muppets-hug

Thanks. I just want people to get something meaningful out of it. If I never make much off the book, Iā€™m okay with that. I do want people to read it and learn something from it.

7 Likes

I got a call from my doctor today about the CT scan of my lungsā€¦

ā€¦and itā€™s clear. Which surprises the fuck outta me!

9 Likes

Good news! Glad to hear it.

4 Likes

So.

I finally got the accounts for Consumers Energy and DTE Energy switched over from my late dadā€™s and late momā€™s, respectively, to my own name. Dad died in 1996, and Mom (died in 2016) was told at the time that as long as she paid the bills, a name change wasnā€™t necessary. Going by that bit of info, I followed her example.

Except the government agencies from whom Iā€™ve asked for help - MIHAF and MI-DHHS - need account information in my name. Which I get, butā€¦it wasnā€™t easy. I had to do it over the phone. Fortunately, the phone reps were the best! I just didnā€™t want to be on hold forever. I did get anxious and shaky, though. And ConsEng. had a callback service, which was very nice.

I feel better now.

5 Likes

I know this is a longstanding issue. Iā€™m so glad you got it resolved. (hug)

3 Likes

Thanks! The process itself was easy; and being an ex-phone-drone, I know that such things can induce someone to primally-scream after the call is over.

But resolving the issue is helping me deal with the feelings I have regarding my dead parents.

2 Likes

YAY! We were gifted with enough funds to pay the minimum amount to keep the water on here. Thanks, everyone who helped out, either by donating or sharing the GoFundMe link!

3 Likes

So, because I didnā€™t change the DTE & Consumers Energy accounts from my late parentsā€™ names to my own, I couldnā€™t get help from MIHAF to pay back amounts on those accounts. BUT - MIHAF is going to send me grant papers to sign in order to get my back property taxes paid; I should get them by next week. Yay!

3 Likes

I finally got in touch w/a therapist in my area code via a Psychology Today listing for Medicaid therapists! Iā€™m tired of being so afraid to be alive! Hopefully, Iā€™ll hear from her on Monday!

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot - they paid up my water bill in advance, lol! I havenā€™t had to pay a bill for the last four months! And I wonā€™t have to for the next three or four months!

3 Likes

Annnnnnnnnnnndā€¦her office is closed till May 16th. So, I may wait, or I may not. I dunno.

2 Likes

I found a coffee shop in Chicago that is open everyday and in the evenings. A funny concept for the windy city. Itā€™s called Foxtrot Market and is located in the Sears Tower lobby.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re a chain that has expanded to a number of areas in central Chicago recently.

2 Likes