Victory! šŸŒ·šŸ’„šŸŽ†šŸŽ‰šŸ˜Ž I'm a Rockstar!

Anatomy of a job search:

No
No
No
No
Maybe? Maybe? Maybe? Maybe Not?
No
No
No
No
Nothing Nothing Maybe
No
No
No
No
No No No
No
No
Maybe Maybe Maybe Maybe Maybe Maybe Maybe Not Maybe
Yes

15 Likes

Not just job search; that applies to many things in life. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Like picking a good avocado and dating.

12 Likes

Wilted ostrich travel card?

1 Like

pick 6.022140857 Ɨ 10 23 avagadros and youā€™ll have a gauacamole

9 Likes

A Wizards Of The Coast online travel form? Weā€™re playing Magic The Gathering?

3 Likes

Playing? itā€™s turing complete how do think I connect to the bbs?

4 Likes

Itā€™s how I connect to my online travel forms.

4 Likes

The other day I was picking out avocados at the same time that another lady was. Most were not ripe. We were both being polite but at the same time we were both racing to be the first to find the few good ones. At the time is struck me as kind of comical. Like the first part of a Curb Your enthusiasm scene before all hell breaks lose.

11 Likes

That would be such a fuckin funny bit in the right hands. I can see it from all kinds of angle, from full on Carol Burnett hilarity to subtle to witty. Seriously. This should happen. Imagine Woody Allenā€™s take on the classic Avocado gag.

5 Likes

I SOLD SOME STUFF TODAY!

An old swivel rocker. Two Detroit Lions glasses (no doubt an old premium from a gas station); a small hospital tray (to be used as a childā€™s dining tray - itā€™s perfect); and three Muppet glasses (donā€™t remember which movie, but it was during the Jim-Henson era)

The young man I purchase my pot from bought them. AND - he paid me for them, even though I owe him money.

I am sooooooooooo grateful!

The movie is ā€œThe Great Muppet Caperā€; I found two more glasses. And a buyer for them, lol.

16 Likes

It really did feel like I was in a comedy scene. :joy:

1 Like

So I obviously havenā€™t been paying attention to this threadā€¦
Anyway after just over a year of unemploymentā€¦ I get all the stuff for an offer together but it is a 1 year gig in not Seattle, not even close but it pays enough I can be away from the wife and kid for a year.
Just as I have emailed off the docs and YES note I get a ping on linked in from a former coworker who has a new gig and they are looking for someone with my background it still isnā€™t local but not that far a move and could sell the house here and buy in full there and have leftovers.
In the minor fuck today hurried call to the recruiting rep for the other job asking for a wee bit of time before they submit the background check as it is a nice gig and a team lead position as well so definite looks good on the resume stuff and they have been excellent in working with me as well so I donā€™t want to fuck them over either.
So yay I should be employed again soon, fuck the goddamn timing of things.

16 Likes

I say congratulations.

7 Likes

You take care of you in the job situation. Always nice to be nice but if you need to stall, then in the long run, your welfare is what is going to be most important to you. Iā€™m happy a good situation opened up.

9 Likes

well the remote job is a good deal and i will get exposure to things I didnā€™t get at my previous employer which has been a problem in finding new employmentā€¦ so you donā€™t have actual experience with B, C, D, Eā€¦ umm no because those were all a dedicated team each, it is a big placeā€¦ well okay, thanks!.. sigh.

ETA The agency for the contract gig just got burned by someone doing just this though he waited till just before moving rather than before background check etc. I have at least tried to be upfront and give a heads up if anything happens before that step and this is damn close to the wire. They have been really professional and awesome and I donā€™t want to screw them over.
Anyway both options are good choicesā€¦

8 Likes

sounds like you have too, and recruiters are not looking for bridges to burn with such folks!

5 Likes

Being unemployed for over a year is tough. Iā€™m sure at times you felt like job searching was hopeless. This is why I say congratulations. Itā€™s better to have two options than no possibilities.

What sort of work do you do?

5 Likes

wrangling windows serversā€¦ my downside is it was a Boeing which is hugeā€¦ so IIS issue another team, exchange servers another team, domain servers another team, account creation another team, making scripts when needed another team that would automate it to where we didnā€™t even have to run them, etcā€¦
can i do stuff yes, do i have 3+ years experience with it not so much. i actually spent 2 years on a team where we just built the servers and made sure all the bells and whistles were working and sent it off for the run and maintain folk to deal with.

6 Likes

Two wins, one day:

These are the anchos; some of the naga jolokia have also sprouted, but less dramatically so, so Iā€™m going to wait a while before I upload photos of them.

Okonomiyaki for the fucking win.

14 Likes