Victory! šŸŒ·šŸ’„šŸŽ†šŸŽ‰šŸ˜Ž I'm a Rockstar!

The reason I was told was that I couldnā€™t be trusted with credit-card tranactions, which was quite frankly bullshit. It was because I talked about talking to a reporter at the Macomb Daily about the incident after finding out that the law wasnā€™t notified. The girl later passed out trying to huff PC duster. The whole thing was very sordid. Anyhow, I talked about telling the MD in front of someone who didnā€™t like me, but whom I didnā€™t think was a tattler.

shrug

8 Likes

I just got a check in from some freelance work. Itā€™s so overdue that I had to budget around it like it wasnā€™t ever coming - although I had full faith in its arrival, the timing was all mucked up.

So I get this sweet sweet check. And I deposit it. And I notice that suddenly my balance and my credit card debt areā€¦ almost identical.

And then I did the right thing, and paid that mofo off. Ramen all week, but who cares. Iā€™m back in the black.

16 Likes

everyones a tattler. I accidentally threw my own boss under the bus to IT my first day at a new job about something he was doing that was very security risky. People talk, and talk, and talk.

6 Likes

#Yea

10 Likes

I am positive if you did this in good faith, then they never spelled it out anywhere: usually companies like the boss and/or an officially designated (read: briefed) spokesperson to talk to media.

Just as a for instance: letā€™s say Iā€™m being interviewed because of something I volunteer for outside of work. If the reporter asks where I work, I can give the name of the company and my title, but anything past that has to go through legal.

Which is why I and most of my colleagues are very vague about where we work and who our clients are, even with friends and family. Itā€™s not worth the hassle.

It sounds to me like that company decided they had that rule after you talked to the media. Their loss.

10 Likes

Shoot, how did I miss this? Happy belated birthday! Hope it was lots of fun.

14 Likes

Yay! More options are always good.

11 Likes

Another yay! Good luck, I know youā€™re gonna do well.

13 Likes

I have purchased a book contributed to by Dr. Badass and I am glad I did.

4 Likes

Oh? Which book?

1 Like

@mindysan33 - yours to field

3 Likes

that is just awesome!

3 Likes

Itā€™s an essay in this ebook:

15 Likes

Great! Doctor Who and the Cold War. Sounds perfect for you.

I might not know enough about Doctor Who to read the book. I donā€™t know the show very well at all. I could still probably give it a read.

5 Likes

Itā€™s less about the show, and more about the circumstances that allowed the show to finally become a hit in the US like it has.

8 Likes

I will read it, and hopefully not get too confused. Maybe I might become a fan of the show :wink:

6 Likes

It was quiet, but nice. Thankā€™ee! :tada:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve finally completely figured out how I (both as director and Captain Hook) can make do with a crew of two. (And one of them is Smee, who isnā€™t ideal for the rough stuff).

Iā€™ve already jettisoned almost all of Act 3, practically reducing it to a speech given by Hook to the audience. The speech is supposed to be delivered to my crew, so Iā€™ve made the audience my surrogate crew. The play loses the big fight in the middle, but the croc chasing me through the audience should make up for it.

But, what to do about Peter Panā€™s heroic rescue for the final act? Itā€™s considerably less heroic if he only fights one pirate followed by Hook. Well, in the original play, one of the first pirates defeated is dispatched out of the audienceā€™s view in the shipā€™s cabin. My cunning plan is that I acquire a box of greatly varying hats, secure it backstage, have my pirate rush into the cabin, scream piteously, rush around back stage, and then re-emerge, repeatedly, each time sporting different head gear, until weā€™ve milked the gag sufficiently.

Thatā€™s enough work for today. Time for grog.

9 Likes

R.

Sounds like yeā€™ve earnt it!

8 Likes

About a month ago I interviewed for a job that I really liked. It was in the Pan-Am Building and everything. The interview went very well ā€” Iā€™m getting good at the interview dance.

But, as I wrote above, that was a month ago and I havenā€™t heard anything since.

Until yeasterday. I got an email from this companyā€™s HR asking me to fill out a WOTC online form.

It ainā€™t much, but itā€™s better than nothing. At least I know Iā€™m still on their list of names somewhere. Thatā€™s the best news Iā€™ve had in a while.

10 Likes