Victory! 🌷💥🎆🎉😎 I'm a Rockstar!

Funnily, I got a letter from the government the other day. I opened and read it.

It said they were suckers.

9 Likes

Did they want you for their army or whatever?

6 Likes

Never.

4 Likes

Been on a diet for over a year and it’s been a real process to get there. Finally over this one hump and lost 9 lbs in the last month and 3% of my body fat. I have two goals and the first one I’m about 5 pounds away from - expecting to reach it in the next couple of weeks.

13 Likes

But, did it occur to thee, that the suckers had authority?

6 Likes

congrats!! little behind, but…

2 Likes

I have been on this planet for 50 years as of today. I think I am doing good so far.

15 Likes

Happy birthday!

5 Likes

Birthday or landing aniversary?

10 Likes

thank you!

2 Likes

same thing…

4 Likes

Danke! It’s my crunch time, too, so a belated happy birthday!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Took two items out of my “Winter clothes - small sizes” storage because they fit again!!! And my fave pair of winter wool plaid totally classic pants are THIS close to fitting and should be wearable by the time the weather is cold enough!!!

15 Likes

Had this job 6 months. My boss is notoriously hard to work for and we are very different people. He does not give compliments, he finds a way to find fault. Which sounds awful, but it’s not work you can afford to screw up - so it’s good to have a hardass up top, really. And he’s nothing compared to people from my past in that regard. Plus, he has a lot to teach me.

So, before I took this gig I was freelancing for a few years to ease myself back into my career after wandering away from it to fix a few life things, which I did. But with a boss who never complimets you - it can be hard to know where you stand sometimes.

But just now… got an email from one of the National Directors praising me for my responsiveness and thoroughness on a major project for a super serious client on a very high value project. My boss was cc:d. This is the second director to do this, and as well, one of the owners has done the same in the 6 moths I’ve been here.

Damn. That felt nice.

(ha, because I jumped to solve a problem is why I got that awesome email, and the thing I put off to get it done - my difficult boss found fault with it. “Concerned” because I turned my timesheets in late 2 weeks running. Did he mention he was glad to see the compliment, or that I made him look good? No.

I don’t care dude, don’t care. I did what your boss told me to, you can go pound some sand!) (can I mention that he emailed me from VACATION to fault find me after someone else said something nice? HA. Water meets ducks back!)

14 Likes

This probably shouldn’t be here but… I cleaned my bedroom! Vacuumed, filled a garbage bag with clothes to donate, everything :roll_eyes:

20 Likes

Nah, totally know that feeling. Congrats on the small victories, may they lead to bigger and bigger ones.

12 Likes

When I finally get around to cleaning that mess in my kitchen, I will be ecstatic. I will be over the moon.

8 Likes

That’s fabulous!

2 Likes

Well - I MADE IT!

Through another revolution around the sun. Fifty-three…I like prime numbers, yet they also annoy me. Kind of like the human race.

22 Likes