Voter Suppression Alert 🚨

The lawmakers’ request for the “audit” came amid former President Donald Trump’s baseless claims that the 2020 election was rigged against him in Pennsylvania and other battleground states.

Degraffenreid notified Fulton County officials in a letter Tuesday that the inspection violated state law. It was done in a manner that “was not transparent or bipartisan” and the firm had “no knowledge or expertise in election technology,” Degraffenreid wrote.

“I have no other choice but to decertify the use of Fulton County’s leased Dominion Democracy Suite 5.5A voting system last used in the November 2020 election,” Degraffenreid wrote.

5 Likes

Weird coincidence that’s it’s Fulton County…

2 Likes
5 Likes

I like the way they put that, though it’s a bit Stan Lee. LOL, maybe that’s why I like it?

3 Likes
5 Likes

Given the critical importance of safeguarding the American electoral system, it is vital to evaluate the evidence offered for specific claims of fraud in the 2020 election. In this memo, we evaluate the methods used in Look Ahead America’s April 19th, 2021 report, “The Georgia Report,” on illegal voting in Georgia in the 2020 election. The Georgia Report is among the most-cited pieces of evidence offered to support the claim that there was widespread fraud in the 2020 election. We identify key conceptual and statistical errors in the Report’s methodology, and we conclude that the Report’s findings do not meet scientific standards of evidence and should not be used as the basis for any claims about rates of voter fraud or its role in the outcome of the 2020 election. As policymakers, the legal community, and the public continue to debate voter fraud in the 2020 election, they should be wary of claims that have the veneer of science but which do not hold up to basic scrutiny.

4 Likes
7 Likes

The Ohio GOP on how “fair” their redistricting is:

That is… some truly twisted logic.

2 Likes

This is the party and the state that gave us Jim Jordan.

1 Like
3 Likes

The ruling cited a 2015 analysis by a political scientist which showed that hundreds of thousands of registered voters in North Carolina potentially lacked ID that would qualify them to cast ballots under the law.

That analysis found that 9.6% of Black “registered voters lacked acceptable ID” for voting under a prior voter ID bill, “as compared with 4.5% of white registered voters.”

The majority decision noted that because Black people in North Carolina are more much likely to live in poverty than white people, they thus are also more likely to “face greater hurdles to acquiring photo ID” as a result of not having a car or being able to get time off from work to do so.

3 Likes
2 Likes

He’s not related to the late Linda Eastman McCartney, is he? Was/is he an entertainment lawyer?

1 Like

Absolutely no idea, but he’s the same one who was “Just Asking Questions” about whether Kamala Harris met the citizenship requirements for the Vice Presidency.

2 Likes

Nope, the one I’m thinking of is from NYC. Thanks for finding out for me!

1 Like
1 Like

In particular, the petitioners challenged how the state will now count prisoners in drawing districts, arguing that counting prisoners at their last known address (as opposed to the prison in which they are incarcerated) will dilute the voting power of Republicans in rural Virginia. The petitioners asked the court to prohibit the newly-formed Virginia Redistricting Commission from using the new redistricting laws to draw a new set of maps following the release of 2020 census data.

4 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Something to do with the RealID business? My wife had to jump through hoops to renew her license here in a pretty solid blue state. I dread doing mine.

2 Likes