Voter Suppression Alert 🚨

I believe so, yes. Good reminder to everyone to make sure they and everyone they know checks their requirements for voting early before the midterms, if there’s any new roadblocks they might take time and effort to get past.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Some news on GA…

This is my county.

But linked in that article is this bit of news…

The state as a whole is on the verge of being minority-majority, because of the growth around the metro. Interestingly, the city is no longer Black majority (still minority-majority, but the Black population is now below 50%).

4 Likes
3 Likes

oh, i saw that too. of course, one is a nutbag here in NV. there’s actually two now, but i am hoping neither of them have a chance.

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes

Reminder from the previous post:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Holmes noted that the state-owned vote tabulation machines from Dominion are tested by Otero County officials in public view and that the machines also are independently certified in advance. Griffin said he and fellow commissioners don’t see the process as trustworthy.

“That’s a source that we don’t have any control or influence over,” he said.

Yeah, that’s what “independent” means, asshole.

4 Likes

How about some good news?

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

I moved last winter, just recently got my ID switched over to the new state. At the DMV, the form had questions “Do you want to be an organ donor?” and “Do you want to register to vote?” I checked both.

A few days ago, someone mentioned that primary elections are coming up next month (now this month). I checked the town website to see where to vote and get a sample ballot. There was also a form to check your voter registration (or register online). It couldn’t find mine. So I did the register online thing. It said it could take 4 weeks or so.

But I just checked and now it says I’m registered. So I try to log in, using my SSN, but it says “The information you entered does not match our records.” However, logging in with my (new) state ID does work.

Now I can print my voter registration, get directions to the polls, sample ballots and info, an absentee ballot, etc.

It’s really good here, and they even have day-of registration. But there can be a lot of hoops to jump through for the process, and deadlines, and glitches. People really need to be proactive about it, and many need to do it well in advance, especially in some areas, or by default they’ll just not get a vote.

4 Likes