Voter Suppression Alert 🚨

3 Likes

I got something similar too, from a supposedly nonpartisan outfit called the Center for Voter Registration. (They don’t say much about themselves on their website.) The letter appears to be neutral:

(Sorry about the size, but I wanted to try to make it legible. I adjusted the contrast and boxed out my full name; it is otherwise unaltered.)

7 Likes

I think I’ve gotten three from that source… two were similar to what you show here, but one was basically a list of vague statements against a local Democratic candidate paired with vague good statements towards the local Republican for the same job. It was pretty clear at a glance that it was trying to look neutral without actually being so.

I immediately trashed that last one (like I have with so much similar crap… it’s amazing the lengths people will go to just to send out vaguely-worded-yet-fearful accusations of things that are pretty benign, almost always against Democrats) so I can’t go back and confirm if it was the same group, but it was definitely the same style of mailing… and if not the same name, it had to have been very similar.

4 Likes

Interesting, because when I Googled Lionel Dripps (sounded made-up to me, but it’s apparently real), there were several hits accusing him of being pro-Democrat. Going by that sample letter, I don’t see how, unless getting everyone to vote who has a right to is now pro-Democrat :thinking:.

8 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

And in Arizona, Republicans suing to stop the count:

4 Likes

We got mailers exactly like that but with a return address in Salem, the capital here :thinking:

5 Likes
12 Likes

I wonder if they’re new or ones “retired” from closed polls.

3 Likes

Also, in Florida:

Other sources claim that Republicans are suing to stop the vote counting, at least until after tomorrow’s deadline, which will give another pretext to stop the vote counting.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Given the Trumpist claims that counting votes is fraud, and escalating right-wing violence, I wonder if some Trumpet will start shooting to stop the counting.

5 Likes

How it looked from the other side of the table.

(And ye gods. I’ve heard of better organised votes from countries having their first election, ever.)

7 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

Projection, too:

8 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

Well, that could make the next family gathering a bit awkward.

9 Likes