Well, fuck

You’re more optimistic than I am.

6 Likes

I might be … but the fifth circuit is often pretty conservative in all ways, including rejecting recently settled cases, and will the Roberts court really revisit their own decision so shortly after making it?

7 Likes

Please stop repeating that false GOP talking point.

Higher-income voters skew Republican. Lower-income voters skew Democratic.

Yes, it would wipe out most of the GOP base but only because it’d wipe out almost everyone: it’d hit the Democratic party base much harder.

8 Likes

this is a really bad sign

10 Likes

Not to downplay the sexual freedoms crushed by fascists, it’s important to note that it wasn’t hyperinflation that got the fascists the votes they needed to get into the Reichstag. It was deflation, several years later, that caused the hopeless situation at the beginning of the Great Depression.

9 Likes
11 Likes

I’m surprised that figure is so low. How many people think the earth is 6000 years old?

6 Likes

That’s in the UK. I wonder what the figure is in the US.

I bet it’s a lot lower in Germany.

9 Likes

but suppose the senate didn’t confirm Kavanaugh. That would mean that he would be subject to ethics complaints over his behavior at the hearing! Which would mean ruin!

9 Likes

I was 12 in 1984, and I can assure you that picture was as wrong then as it is now.

13 Likes

Also 1984. On network tv.

13 Likes

oh definitely. and now he’s doubling and tripling down on it. i just wonder how deep of a hole he’s going to dig at this point.

7 Likes

Recent polls put the white supremacist/conservative party in Alberta at 55% of voter support. HOW IS THIS STILL A THING, ALBERTA?

White people, man.

11 Likes
11 Likes

What the fuck. ICE should be disbanded.

12 Likes

And later this same day…

Atlanta rapper 21 Savage has been arrested by immigration officials who say he is actually from the UK, reports say.

The rapper, Shayaa Bin Abraham-Joseph, came to the US in July 2005 aged 12 and failed to leave when his visa expired a year later, officials said.

8 Likes

Real talk: “immigration control” is just fuck-you, got mine racism. People don’t erase jobs when they move, they create more economic churn, which means more growth, and shared prosperit-

Oh, I get it. Racism is the opiate of the masses and a tool of the rich to maintain rich privilege unquestioned.

Fuck ICE, fuck Trump, and fuck racism.

16 Likes
6 Likes

Opiates have important medical uses. Except Krokodil. Racism is more the Radithor of the masses. People may think it’s scientific and/or good for them… but it’s still Radithor.

6 Likes

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/overcoming-pain/201101/fibromyalgia-and-death

4 Likes