Well this is interesting

Mmmmm. Kreplach with corned beef and soda bread hamatashen.

4 Likes
4 Likes

My memories of Scholastic Books are of the “Weekly Reader” brochure and how great the selection of books in it was; all the neat kid-science books I inherited from my older brother (not to mention all the “Encyclopedia Brown” books), and the warm nostalgia of buying books for my own child from them.

5 Likes

I might need to buy something like this for my mother sooner than later.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I saw her interview. She seemed off somehow. I don’t know if she isn’t used to that type of interview, but her attempts at being open and relatable to me felt stiff. I am sure that opening up about their marriage isn’t comfortable. I know he cheated on her a bunch. She is still tied to his image publicly and I think cannot be too revealing.

2 Likes

His long walks. The Forest Gump of walking.

1 Like

Ordinary people’s lives torn apart due to international politics.

1 Like

One snippet from it; apparently the average number of citations for a scientific paper is 0-9, and anything with over 100 citations is in the top few percent of all papers ever published.

We still need another dozen or so, but they should continue to slowly accumulate for a while yet.

1 Like
1 Like

Earlier this year, two unsuspecting tech bros attempted to start an online business in knitting supply sales, assuming it would be easy to “disrupt” a market full of hobbyists and grandmas. They could not have been more wrong.

Serial entrepreneurs Dave Bryant and Mike Jackness bought the domain name knitting dot com in February, hoping to capitalize on the unbeatable SEO and become major players in the knitting-supply space. Within days, however, knitters from around the world had descended on their blog, accusing them of being opportunists, sexists, and worse.

11 Likes

The 24-year-old atheist has recently emerged as a rebel publicly contesting the powers of the supernatural in this deeply religious country.

Many Nigerians believe that magic charms can allow humans to morph into cats, protect bare skins from sharp blades and make money appear in a clay pot.

These beliefs are not just held by the uneducated, they exist even at the highest level of Nigeria’s academia.

Dr Olaleye Kayode, a senior lecturer in African Indigenous Religions at the University of Ibadan, told the BBC that money-making juju rituals - where human body parts mixed with charms makes money spew out of a pot - really work.

While he has been dismissed by some as an attention seeker, no-one can hide from the grisly images of the bodies found recently with missing limbs and empty eye sockets in a resurgence of the sinister money-making juju rituals.

3 Likes
1 Like

Addendum: I LOVE the look on its face. I can’t think of a good caption.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Oh geez, I was just considering of moving my lappie on its vintage hosptial tray from the living room to my bedroom…you just tipped the scales with this! Thanks for sharing it with us!IMG_20220323_233744

2 Likes

Some of the comments are gold.

1 Like
5 Likes