Well this is interesting

I’ve learned a lot here.

9 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

This is hilarious. I wish someone would make an appropriate silent-movie-type soundtrack for it. He was given a camera and…well, watch it, LOL!

6 Likes

This man…yes, he had faults, but not many.

2 Likes

At first I thought we had found the original post-credit scene.

Then I realized we had found the elusive credits in the middle of the movie.

Quite avant garde

4 Likes
4 Likes

I know, it’s a bit like “Lobster Men from Mars” in some respects.

3 Likes

Someone complained when Harry used the word “manure” and told Margaret that he should say “fertilizer.” Margaret said “You don’t know how long it took to get him to say manure.”

9 Likes

I’m a huge fan of HST, and was raised by Truman Democrats. I remember growing up seeing a book called “Tom’s Boy Harry” in our bookcase (it had a bright red dust jacket). It was all about how he was a tool of Tom Pendergast blah-blah-blah. I couldn’t read it, it was dreadfully written, too.

3 Likes

As an ex-employee of Apple Singapore, can I just say “HOLY FUCK, YOU STUPID PRICKS, I FUCKING TOLD YOU??”

I realise this is a serious problem for about 50% of the people reading it but sweet jesus, this is pretty cathartic for me.

8 Likes

Oh, in other news: “Uncle Xi” really does give a fuck about you using WeChat. That’s not just me being paranoid, that’s literally you talking about seriously confidential business matters over an unencrypted, completely open line.

8 Likes

To be clear, to whom are you addressing this sentiment: Google or Apple?

3 Likes

Very definitely Apple. I brought this up two years ago and I was basically laughed out of the company.

I’m going to give it a couple of days and then send the link to my old bosses. This has genuinely made my week. :+1:

13 Likes

Ah.

2 Likes

It gets a lot worse when you understand that all of Apple China/Singapore/Thailand uses WeChat to discuss company business, despite iMessage being secure and having encryption…

12 Likes

In (slightly more sober) hindsight, I am deleting this post so that it the content is less visible to Google. I assume that you can check my edit history but Google cannot, so…

13 Likes

Better yet, don’t put your crimes in writing.

8 Likes

Batstroke.

11 Likes

There’s no audio or article text yet (they fill that in after the broadcast, which is on right now), but I want to put this here while I’m thinking of it.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/01/756564712/cherokee-nation-takes-up-1835-promise-to-send-delegate-to-congress

9 Likes
6 Likes