Well this is interesting

There’s a fine line between “Interesting” and “Vomit Inducing”

4 Likes

But we don’t have a thread about inducing vomit!

3 Likes

Well, go ahead. Start one!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Can you come up with a better title? (but this is interesting, ya gotta admit):

3 Likes

“They’re very tiny and cute.”

This person has an interesting definition of "cute’.

4 Likes

Title: “Things My Mother Never Told Me”

2 Likes

Actually…

…my father told my about the mites residing in the roots of our eyelashes, some time in the mid-to-late 1970s, I think.

You gotta remember, I come from a science (fiction & non-) -oriented family. I grew up with the World Book Encyclopedia, and I think three or four Time-Life series about science and civilization. I knew the scientific method before I knew I was going to start bleeding eventually, LOL! okay, I’m done. i realize you didn’t know any of that…but now you know…it’s not a secret any more (like it ever was)

3 Likes

I remember that from about the same time.

I wonder if all these mites need to be a protected species. No more showers, no more soap, no more makeup . . . .

3 Likes

Didn’t the Joker do that in Tim Burton’s “Batman”?

1 Like

There was a TV show. I think it was called That’s Amazing! or That’s Incredible! and they did a show about all the little organisms that live on our bodies. They showed the eyelash mites. I wish I’d never seen it. It was so gross and I think way too often about the mites at the roots of my eyelashes. Creepy.

6 Likes

It’s less gross than Rupert Murdoch, IMNSHO.

3 Likes

You only need to watch the first 5 minutes.

1 Like

Funny!

Glad I didn’t have to watch the movie though.

1 Like

Never saw it, though it sounds like a winner.

2 Likes

Still re-reading “A Distant Mirror” for the Nth time, & just got to the chapter entitled “Papal Schism”. What kills me about that time in Europe was how one name in one language would become pert’ near unrecognizable in a half-dozen others.

2 Likes

The tortoise was sheltering beneath an already-destroyed building when volcanic disaster struck.

Archaeologists found the remains while excavating an area of the city that its ancient inhabitants had been rebuilding after an earlier earthquake devastated Pompeii in 62AD.

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes