Well this is interesting

Yeah, Reagan versus Mondale was one of the most media-determined elections in my life. The lack of any space for anything other than “Let’s get this done fast, Red Dawn rah rah shit, also lets just give rich people whatever they want.” It was sharply shittified stuff continually remarked upon on NPR until they got rid of the seventies leftists there too.

2 Likes

Watched a good YouTube history of disco. I feel so angry to have grown up in the 80s when everything was so corporate and such a rejection of the freedom of the 60s and early 70s.

5 Likes
7 Likes

I’m sorry. I hit the wrong reply button. The tractors have nothing to do with disco, I think.

3 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

Migraine warning for flash photography and smooth scrolling.

3 Likes

"I’m sick and tired of paying these dues

And I’m finally gettin’ hip to the American ruse"

rock 'em back, Sonic!

2 Likes
4 Likes

I had no idea what he did before “Chico and the Man”, which I’m currently watching on the Internet Archive. I always adored him as a kid.

He also wanted to play Dick Hallorann in “The Shining” even before filming started, according to the Wikipedia article on that character.

And there’s this, which just makes him even more adorable to me:

5 Likes
4 Likes

Well, now he can put them in his will for his heirs.

3 Likes

Wow! I grew up listening to CCR and I can still hear so many of their songs clearly in my head. It’s unbelievable that they did all that in such a short time. I would’ve guessed they were playing at least a decade or more. But apparently all their albums and songs were between May 68 to April 72, just a little over 3 years!

3 Likes

4 Likes
4 Likes

My comment on that video: I can explain Earth to aliens…but I can’t understand it for them.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes