Well this is interesting

3 Likes

But will there be a nearby Donner’s Cafe?

1 Like

Of course!

3 Likes

One way to deal with unresponsive “contact us” phone numbers:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/12/26/karens-for-hire-customer-service-complaints/

2 Likes

I really like this channel. Reminds me of when I watched PBS shows w/my dad when I was a little girl.

2 Likes

I can very much relate to Waymond.

1 Like
1 Like

This might be a little off-putting, but it it interesting. I’m going to describe a sickness I recently overcame. But this is interesting.

On Monday afternoon I was feeling a little sick. Nothing concerning. By the time I got home I wasn’t even thinking about it. So I had a light simple dinner, suitable for someone who was mostly sitting behind a computer all day. I then made myself a cup of decaffeinated coffee (it was 8:30 after all) and prepared to sand paint off my bedroom wall.

At this point the sickness was appearing to return. I took a sip of coffee. It didn’t taste right. It tasted terrible. I soon didn’t have the energy to get up and start my project. And then things started spinning rapidly out of control. I was soon lying on the flood hoping not to pass out.

My body summoned-up all the water resources it could get to flush me out from the inside. In both directions. If you know what I mean. It was simultaneously disgusting and amazing. I don’t think I have been this sick since middle school. Possibly never.

Here’s where it gets interesting.

For the next two days, Tuesday and Wednesday, I became something like a Buddhist. All desire was taken from me.

Naturally, I had no appetite for food. That is predictable. But I also had no interest in anything that normally interests me. I looked upon my past life of the day before and it seemed a long time ago. It all seemed pointless and little grotesque. Like looking through a box of childhood toys.

Going to work on the train this morning, Thursday, something interesting happened — I woke up. This morning at approximately 9:30 I fully woke up for the first time since Monday night.

Right now I feel about 90% better. My appetite for food and interest in other things has almost completely returned. But I wonder if some changes will be permanent. I had an americano coffee for lunch today. The first coffee since Monday. My mid-day coffee has been a consistent highlight of my day for the past 20 years. Today it didn’t smell good and I didn’t enjoy it.

7 Likes

Have you seen a physician? IANAP, but when I conked my head a week ago, I was told to look out for headaches, nausea, fainting, throwing up, etc., all possible (delayed) symptoms of a more serious head injury than I had. Your symptoms may be viral, bacterial–or even neurological. That last without necessarily any obvious cause (like my fall last week).

I hope you get back to 100% with no repeats. Best of luck!

5 Likes

I had not considered the neurological possibility. Now you have awoken my dormant hypochondriac. I remember Cary Grant felt sick, tired, and had a headache. He went to bed and never woke up.

I can only say that as of yesterday I feel physically and mentally back to normal. I do feel however that my two days “away from myself” were beneficial in a way. Like an induced meditation.

It’s like there is a personal judgement center of the brain. Inside it there are two opposing points of view: organized and disinterested, and messy and curious. Normally these two are in balance, but during my mental fog the messy and curious part descended deeper into that fog.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Sorry about that! But I’m glad you’re back to normal.

I like your description of o&d vs. m&c. It’s so easy to consider our minds as an integrated unit, but I guess they are made out of different components that can dissociate on occasion due to some sort of stress trigger – like illness.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I assume next year’s premiere will be Sex Pistols The Ballet.

4 Likes

It’s a great idea! Reminds me of a hair show (for hair techs) I went to years ago with the dramatic headbanging to metal in an artistic way.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for Ozzy in a tutu!

3 Likes

I wanna see “Cheap Thrills - The Ballet”.

2 Likes

3 Likes

More like “Well this is bizarre”

2 Likes

The banana returns from the dead

(from the same website)