Well this is interesting

She’s trouble.

6 Likes

Walz said he was an early adopter of GIS software in the 1990s, using it, among other things, to teach high school students about the Holocaust.

He had his students build maps of the contemporary world using different layers of data that scholars believed could factor into modern-day genocides. “They started looking at food insecurity, potential drought, just like the UN was doing around famine early warning,” Walz said.

In 1993, he asked his sophomores where they thought the next genocide might happen, based on the geographic data. They pinpointed Rwanda. The following year, the Rwandan Genocideoccurred. The New York Times interviewed some of the studentsinvolved in the project in 2008, when Walz was a U.S. congressman.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Yay, something else that is celebrated on my birthday besides opening day of firearms deer-hunting season in MI (and some other states, too)! And I love maps!

4 Likes

Conspiracy theory about Walz’s geography class being behind the Rwandan Genocide dropping on Joe Rogan in 5, 4, …

6 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

@RAvery you might like this.

3 Likes

Interesting interview. But I’m glad I don’t have the apartment next to his.

2 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

5 Likes

Trying to avoid these emissions, I have experimented with ferry and train travel between the UK and Sweden for over a decade. But plane is almost always the cheapest option.

:confused:

6 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Pretty complete review of various election methods, and problems with each.

6 Likes