Well this is interesting

And, besides, for someone without precise or even exaggerated diction… how would you even tell the difference? I’ve never heard anyone who was not trying to make a point of their pedantry pronounce the second ‘t’. Regardless of spelling, it’s always been pronounced “ductape.”

6 Likes

If that’s the case…

…They should have them at hand.

5 Likes

Post, post, as fast as you can
You can’t catch me,
I’m the pedantry man!

11 Likes

How about folding it lengthwise? That way it only sticks to itself.* Narrower that way, so you can apply more force to stop the bleeding.

*If you’re lucky.

6 Likes

Eta full stop at the end of the sentence.

3 Likes

I would have used a colon, had I been thinking of punctuation, but to each their own.

4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Really neat! And no animals were harmed in his description of furrier analysis.

3 Likes

I have but one thing to say to that: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Can we be certain of that?

3 Likes
5 Likes

Probably certain.

2 Likes

So it’s not pronounced Fu Je?

10 Likes

Hilarious. Way to go Banksy!

7 Likes

Cross post! I just posted this on another thread. It was absolutely WONDERFUL! Bravo Banksy!

9 Likes

Having known waaaaaay too many word-salad intellectuals in university, across the full political spectrum, this was downright heartwarming:

5 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve actually found having a lit crit background useful in life… then again, I stayed away from the deconstruction types as much as possible.

I have a hilarious translation of a Barthes essay with all these footnotes where the translator says things like, “the original French is…”. None of the French is that obscure or complex. I’ve concluded the translator is signaling, “I’m not making this shit up. That what he actually wrote.”

5 Likes