Well this is interesting

I could go on. Here are some more things I learen about Blessed Brian:

• He used to terrorize Sir John Gielgud by chasing him around backstage while pinching his bottom.
  • He now has a pacemaker.
  • Early in his career he admits he fell in love with the sound of his voice, and he had to outgrow that fault to improve his actung.
  • His first big break was in the modern police drama Z Cars.
  • His mother was a midwife in his small, Yorkshire hometown. Sometimes she would take him with her while on-call, but keep him away from the actual business. Still this experience came in handy whenā€¦
  • While he was up north working on Z Cars, he helped deliver an Italian womanā€™s baby in a Liverpool park, aided only with his shirt and his teeth.
  • He was Old Deuteronomy in the original production of Cats.
  • He has played the Cowardly Lion.
  • He has, playfully, wrestled with gorillas.
  • Once, during filming of The Black Adder he was in his suit of armor mounted on an enormous horse. Suddenly the horse took fright and ran off over a hill and disappeared on the moors with Brian Blessed still on his back. The crew didnā€™t know what to do ā€” there were no roads, and they couldnā€™t run through the moors after a horse. Half-an-hour later he rode back still on the horse. They were both exhausted. He had a quip, but I canā€™t remember what it was.

Oh, and one more thing:

10 Likes

Fun fact: I saw him as Old Deuteronomy.

7 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

(Some very early Screaminā€™ Jay)

1 Like

fun fact: his singing voice is actually dubbed by Marni Nixon.

5 Likes

Kick ass!
I actually have some Tiny Grimes in my R&B folder, but none with Screamin Jay. Did not know the connection. Awesomes!

4 Likes
10 Likes

Sounds like something Douglas Adams or Terry Pratchett would make up as part of world building.

7 Likes

https://www.fillthathole.org.uk/

3 Likes

Damn. I wish Iā€™d known about this when Trump visited England, so they couldā€™ve taken care of him when he opened his mouth.

3 Likes

TV;DW. What was the typo?

3 Likes

. instead of ā€“

3 Likes

Iā€™d think someone would notice if they wrote E when they meant T, but my Morse Code constitutional knowledge isnā€™t what it should be.

4 Likes

Telegraphy reverses the flow of time? I never knew that.

5 Likes

The Typo says:

Anarchy Now! Government Sucks! Woohoo!

The original punctuation says:

We have a right and an obligation to design a government that best protects these rights.

9 Likes

Iā€™m surprised that so many dared to click the linkā€¦

7 Likes

I got over my bugaboo about videos and actually watched the damn thing.

If I hadnā€™t, I never would have guessed that your explanation was the correct one.

8 Likes

I would be such an awesome teacher!

5 Likes

Theyā€™re not saying it was aliensā€¦ but it was aliens.

9 Likes