7 Likes

“Sir, they’ve named our probe ‘First distant messenger.’”

“Well, isn’t that nice? We should make an effort to return and…”

“But that word sounds a bit like a different phrase in another language, and…”

“Yes?”

“Sir, they’re making non-stop ‘Yo mama’ jokes about us.”

“Mark this planet as barren of intelligent life and move on.”

11 Likes

Yup. All I keep thinking is, “they didn’t stop”.

9 Likes

“Lock your doors, nestlings, and don’t make eye contact with anyone.”

9 Likes

Especially of the same size.

2 Likes

Fun fact: more money is being spent on potholes in the UK than education.

link

7 Likes

Pioneer and Voyager didn’t stop.
Galileo did. Juno did. Cassini did.

6 Likes

I guess I meant they didn’t stop and visit, assuming it was a crewed vessel.

4 Likes

They were warned off, when they passed the expanding sphere of broadcasts of “The Apprentice”

4 Likes

The largest “probe” in the universe.

5 Likes

Was that the one they used for my biopsy? I had wondered…

6 Likes

Whoa, Nellie!
Sometimes, the internet pays off in spades.
Here we have one of those dusty URLs where the rubber meets the road to tinfoil-hat-ville creating so much friction it obfuscates the fiction:

The first Mickey Mouse cartoon was released in 1928. Steamboat Willie was an enormous popular and critical success; most audiences were too focused on the short animation’s sight gags to pick up on its disturbing subtexts. Mickey Mouse is a destructive outside agent who emerges into the ordered environment of the steamboat and comprehensively reorders it according to his own schematic principle: living animals are rendered inorganic tools, turned into musical instruments, forced by Mickey to play along to a piece of music that simultaneously emerges from them and is extraneous to them. Essentially, Steamboat Willie provides a coded account of the activities of the Cult of Penew-Nekhet since the Christianisation of the Roman Empire.

The memes are powerful here, but the laughter that wells from your solar plexus at the conclusion has enough force to fell trees.

:upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Clearly, we are doomed. Walt Disney is Xenu.

9 Likes
7 Likes

I’m afraid they are factually incorrect.

Thus their whole argument falls apart!

10 Likes

Hey, good catch! Good thing you were here to set me straight…

6 Likes
2 Likes
7 Likes

As someone with an extensive set of drug allergies, I love the placebo effect – placebos are often the only thing I can safely take. I don’t agree with the last paragraph of this, but it’s still a very good article.

9 Likes

I have always thought of it as psychosomatic. Triggered by the brain, but the physical effects are very real.

6 Likes