What Are You Listening To?

Playing song from my Big Book of Uke.
Here are some of them more professional.

2 Likes

Hey, Aesthetic Perfection are awesome :metal: I recall them supporting Combichrist down this way a few years back

4 Likes

CommunionAfterDark - 2 Dark Helloween Event live on twitch until ~3am central time.

Industrial Dark Electro mix of live performance and DJs.

2 Likes

In case anyone else would be interestedā€¦ Rock Sugar is running a kickstarter for a new album of mash-ups.

1 Like

Nice little holiday themed playlist hereā€¦

I didnā€™t say which holiday

3 Likes

Based on the costumes, Iā€™m calling this holiday music:

1 Like

Still listenining to

Pink is such a star in this, her performance is perfect. But the surprise for me is Christina Aguilera - Iā€™d always thought of her as a ā€˜madeā€™ pop star, like ā€œjust sing whatever and weā€™ll autotune it into whatever we wantā€. Never really listened to her stuff. But Iā€™m skeptical that they could do that with this and get those results. Seems like there has to be some real skillful singing under there.

1 Like
1 Like

I know this ainā€™t generally considered a Christmas song yet, but it should be.

Looking back on when I
Was a little nappy headed boy
Then my only worry
Was for Christmas what would be my toy

Thatā€™s a Christmas song for me. Not just because it mentions it once, but because it comes back hard about bringing back the old days.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not Christmas music, but itā€™s their first album in 8 years or so:

ā˜†ā˜†ā˜†STROBE WARNING TOWARD THE END OF THE VIDEOā˜†ā˜†ā˜†

Link without strobe effects, safe for all viewers:

(My CD is delayed in the mail, but when I emailed a query, one of the band members kindly sent me a free download code so I could listen until it gets to me. :heart_eyes: )

1 Like

Where have they been all my life?

Oh well, I probably wouldnā€™t have appreciated them earlier.

2 Likes

I am a sucker for a rag, lemme tell ya.

1 Like

Interesting how band members get around ā€“ there are overlaps among these guys and North Sea Radio Orchestra, William D. Drake, Admirals Hard, and even the Cardiacs.

Not that this is any kind of new or original observation ā€“ just that I had noticed it back when I was a lot younger among progressive bands, and thought I was just so smart to have observed it.

2 Likes

this has been making me laugh, which is something i needed this week:

Brian Posehn: New Music Sucks

2 Likes

This is bizarre and amusing.

4 Likes