What Are You Listening To?

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

80ā€™s day today. Z-O-I-D-S and W-O-R-D up.

1 Like
1 Like

Those of us who are goth or goth-related probably all know Faderhead. He puts together stuff that is upbeat and gets everyone on the dance floor. So we all kind of think of him as a pop-goth.

But have ever you heard his own stuff? Where he sings?

He recently put out an EP (Therapy For One | Faderhead) and wow.

That is totally not what I wouldā€™ve expected. It ainā€™t happy dance music. Itā€™s as dark and goth as anything gets. If you listen, youā€™ll likely want to reach out and ask if he needs a therapist. And thereā€™s the title - Therapy For One.

If you like goth music, you should check it out. It is nothing at all like ā€œTZDVā€ or ā€œThe Way to Fuck Godā€ or ā€œDirtygrrrls/Dirtyboisā€. Itā€™s really deep and dark and has a feel of honesty to it.

Itā€™s not going to make you dance like those big hits did, but itā€™s definitely worth listening to. To hear someone just open up and pour their heart and soul into it.

5 Likes

I know I just posted a big long thing, so itā€™s not really appropriate for me to post another thing. But here we are. Iā€™m doing it.

Stevie Wonder singing Higher Ground (Higher Ground - YouTube) just is so powerful. Everyone should listen to it. Heā€™s not just singing about one thing, but about life. Itā€™s real easy to say weā€™ve improved a lot of that stuff, But have we really? I kinda doubt heā€™d agree with that.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Answering the real questions here, what if Black Sabbath and Wham did a song together and pulled in Van Halen for the guitar solo?

Ozzieā€™s confused face at 1:20 says it all.

3 Likes

I have really been enjoying electro swing in the last few years. But this is something even more far out.

4 Likes
2 Likes

A golden, misty sunset over the Potomac. Passing Point of Rocks listening to New Adventures in Hi Fi.

3 Likes

Cruising through Wisconsin farm fields at 80 mph listening to Telephone Free Landslide Victory for the first time.

3 Likes

I canā€™t help it, this is good.

4 Likes

Love that song! Ever since the movie first came out.
Hereā€™s another version I found in just the last two or three weeks. Ashley Slaterā€™s voice is so cool.

5 Likes

The original video. Yes, Iā€™m still enjoying this!

6 Likes

Another guy whose voice I like is Richard Sinclair, from Hatfield and the North et al, an old 1970s progressive rock band (subgenre Canterbury style). This was an attempt to be ā€œmore accessible.ā€
A live version from 1990:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting, I couldnā€™t pin it to any genre, but I guess prog-rock is good enough.

3 Likes

Probably why it didnā€™t work out as a ā€œhit,ā€ if I recall right.

2 Likes

Kind of missed a trick by not including some of the Ghostbusters commercial remixed to sound like rap. Probably could just get away with playing with the speed a little to get it to fit in. Pretty cool, though :smiley:

Iā€™ve always rather liked this one:

2 Likes