What Are You Listening To?

No more Casey Kasem

ALSO: the music all sounds the same and everybody must get off my lawn

4 Likes

I thought he left AmTop40 years ago.

2 Likes

I remember building plastic snap-together skyscrapers to amt40 in… 198…1? A glorious dad-free summer.

3 Likes

Yep, retired in 2009, died 2014.

5 Likes

he came back for a while, and then left again, and then died

4 Likes

Zoinks, Scoob!

5 Likes

In Hawaii in the mid-sixties I was always listening to KPOI AM radio, who had their own weekly “Top Ten.” I don’t recall ever hearing about 40 till years later.

1 Like

The local folk/rock/weirdo radio station just had a too-brief Harry Chapin retrospective, which led me to listening again to some of his more obscure songs.

“There Only Was One Choice” is still brilliant:

“Bluesman” is also wonderful:

And “Dance Band” has always been a favorite.

2 Likes

Last week’s releases:

2 Likes

They are living my dream.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Gilbert Gottfried has released his entire archive of Celebrity Interviews. This was behind a Stitcher pay wall but now he is offering it for free and has a Patreon page. The interviews are in depth but also NSFW. I recommend the interviews with Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Dolenz, and Peter Fonda. Available at Apple and elsewhere.

5 Likes

I also liked George Schlatter’s podcast interview, and of course the Mario Cantone guested Christmas specials are already a holiday tradition in our house: “Have we all emptied our bladders? Then we’ll begin.”

Mick Garris has also appeared on the Podcast!

Thanks for posting this, a sign I should hasten to join the Orange Wedge Fellowship.

3 Likes

The opening is very similar to Bernard Herrmann’s music for “Vertigo.”

1 Like

Video now in 4K. The manliner is so good in this. No one did manliner like the 80s.

6 Likes

Even better…

robert-smith-your-beautiful

6 Likes

It’s such a great look. All men should wear some eyeliner. Especially if they have pretty eyes.

4 Likes
3 Likes

guyliner and pirate shirts

7 Likes