What Are You Listening To?

1 Like

I guess Funk ainā€™t dead. (What Cory Henry does when he ainā€™t Snarky Puppying.)

2 Likes

Funk is the major New Orleans modern sound. I was super fortunate to see the Meters and George Porter play on a regular basis, and all the variations and flavors of that sound that were percolating. I love a funky beat.

2 Likes

Wow.

3 Likes

holy cow, that was amazing.

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t it, though? I first saw the Stop Making Sense DVD in the late '80ā€™s, and it blew me away then too. Iā€™m going to have to get the American Utopia album one of these days.

1 Like

2 Likes

Oops. DVDs werenā€™t invented until 1995. It must have been a VHS tape.

2 Likes

This might be of interest. My misremembering above got me thinking about CDs in general, and a lecture on digital music storage I saw at the University of Utah in about 1985 or so, by this guy:

He talked about his company Soundstream, which was developing a kind of audio disc, but I guess CDs came along and took over.

4 Likes

Nine Inch Nails just released two new albums for free. Iā€™ve only listened to 1.5 songs so farā€¦ very calm, ambient stuff so far.

7 Likes

Several years ago I downloaded Ghosts I - IV. Great music for ambient dark projects.

3 Likes

Damn. That is so fun.

1 Like

I have loved this song for a long time, but when did it go from soaring guitars to making me weep? It it that Neil Peart died? Is it that Iā€™m older and the song means something different that what I used to think?

Is it that Iā€™m doing by best to keep from weeping, all the time now, and this song just makes me spill over? I used to listen to Rush to bring up my mood, but maybe nothing does that now.

3 Likes

itā€™s all that for me, PLUS just all the accumulated stress under the current administration AND THEN this virus, for me. it had to come out sometime.

2 Likes

Iā€™m listening to DNice spin Stevie Wonder live on Instagram.

(Never thought Iā€™d like that site.)

3 Likes

Itā€™s less obnoxious than fb, Iā€™ll give it that.

3 Likes
3 Likes

7 Likes
3 Likes

Joe Biden?
I mean, good for his PR team, but that sounds awkward.

1 Like