Whatcha Watchin'?

I’ve been waiting ever since I heard a rumor about an animated Spiderman movie two years ago.

The first trailer dropped late last year, I think.

7 Likes

Netflix just emailed me to say

THE SENSE8 FINALE IS UP!

I know what I am doing this weekend.

8 Likes

Yep; it’s totes on my list for tonight.

FREE WOLFGANG!

7 Likes

“One person.”

Niiiiiice.

3 Likes

Nomi & Neets’ Wedding!!!

7 Likes

Stumbled on this while looking for a good video for “Life on Mars.”

And about halfway through I said OMG that’s LUCIFER

So, has Tom Ellis been doing the young, drunk David Bowie, specifically, all this time?

Apparently, yes.

http://nerdist.com/tca-2016-how-lucifer-was-inspired-by-david-bowie

7 Likes

This was supposed to be a reply to Melz re: Sense8 It was a fun wrappup. Big and sloppy and fun as is only possible away from a network.

4 Likes

Those Lucifer eps tho. I almost think they don’t need to get picked up. That shit was tight.

3 Likes

OMG:

Dani and Whispers. That girl is terrifying. And she’s the only one who managed to actually scare him.

Rajan and Wolfgang! I was so prepared to see Rajan shunted to the side (okay, I am a Wolfgang fan), but this is so much better. Rajan’s reaction during the gunfight: “My wife is a killer! Teach me” and Wolfgang going along with it. And then the two of them at the wedding!

Sun and Mun are soo cute. And the tourist ploy!

I really loved the fact that they made the non-sensates full, contributing members of the crew. Dani’s baddassery with Whispers, and figuring out who was security at the club. Hernando’s strategy, Felix remembering to bring the rocket launcher.

All, in all, the best wrap-up we could hope for. I’m glad they got the chance to do it.

Edit: sorry for all the deletions, but the spoiler tags didn’t want to work, and I didn’t want to leave the posts up while I played around with it.

5 Likes

Dani’s short speech to Whispers was totally a message to 45 and all fascists authoritarians.

Good for her.

Amen; so many people were bitching and complaining on the AV Club review, and I just had to let them know we need to be happy that we got a finale at all.

I’ve noticed that feature is hinky sometimes.

Lastly, how cool is this?

3 Likes

There’s nothing solid yet, but apparently the show runners are still shopping Lucifer around, and some of the actors are still rallying the fans on Twitter… so we’ll see. I don’t have a ton of hope, but I’d sure love to see a conclusion to the cliffhanger, at least, even if only as a comic book or something.

5 Likes

Well there’s already a comic book, but it’s not much like the TV show.

4 Likes

I think Neal might be amenable to a proper retcon.

2 Likes

Well, if Constantine made it into the Arrowverse…

4 Likes

Well…it’s what I will be watching…

8 Likes

@nightflyer:

9 Likes

Legion: season 2, episode 11

How messed up is this? Generally, you’re supposed to feel sympathy for your heroes, but man - this is like trying to sympathize with Brock Turner.

4 Likes

Same here; will be watching tonight next Friday.

I really liked S1, but they lost me early in S2 when David came back to find that his little ‘resistance’ crew had teamed up with the organization that was originally hunting them.

O_o

I heard it only went downhill from there.

Though it’s lost on me because I quit watching, your spoilered comment makes me rather glad that I did; that’s never a good comparison.

Lucifer got picked up?

FUCK YEAH!!!

Also being on Netflix means the writers can curse and show some skin; that’s awesome news.

Edited to correct date.

7 Likes

Well, it was holding my interest because there actually seemed to be some progress with his development, but then it was a complete 180, and I don’t mean his perception of what was happening.

I intend to stick with it under the assumption that the writers intend to blow our minds by the end of the season, but this better be good.
Let’s just say that I also thought the plot development for Phantom Thread was pandering misogynistic crap, too.

4 Likes

Yes!!!

Party time!
ezgif-1-b09586ab62

Now I’ll have to get Netflix (and a better Net connection) before the new season airs… :wink:

7 Likes