Whatcha Watchin'?

In the last three episodes of The Path people start hallucinating conversations with an elderly Keir Dullea, reminding us of the weirder scenes in 2001 and 2010.

dullea-n

3 Likes

Final episode of The Americans. If there was a bet on who went and who stayed, my mom would have won.

2 Likes

Just stumbled across this:

The Indian Detective:
www.netflix.com/title/80190279

It’s funny as hell, but seems to have a good plot as well. Not sure how many countries they’re showing it in.

A lot of the humour comes from the whole “not from the old country, not of the new country” bind first-generation immigrant children almost always find themselves in.

Also there’s a joke about how all IT people in the Greater Toronto Area live in Brampton in the first 15 minutes. Having grown up there, that made the whole series for me.

5 Likes

In a nameless city deluged by a continuous rain… three rabbits live with a fearful mystery

David Lynch’s 8 or 9 episode web “sitcom” edited together as one short. Highly recommended for aficionados, likely pretty rough going for anyone else. Originally debuted on his website, parts of it were edited into Inland Empire.

3 Likes

Oh! I forgot to mention William Shatner is in it, playing a bad guy (a Canadian oligarch no less)!

I swear the character is based on Conrad Black.

4 Likes

I think Russell Peters is about the only one who could pull this off, too. (Watched ep 1 last night).

ETA: I mean that he can pull off the perfect mix between the serious and the deadpan comedy. He really pulls off the everyman, well.

4 Likes

I finished #4 last night. That case always bugged me, but now I know more about it. It’s just sad how people feed on each other like that.

6 Likes

Man, I cannot wait for this to come out:

9 Likes

Wow. THAT looks fun

6 Likes

I’ve been waiting ever since I heard a rumor about an animated Spiderman movie two years ago.

The first trailer dropped late last year, I think.

7 Likes

Netflix just emailed me to say

THE SENSE8 FINALE IS UP!

I know what I am doing this weekend.

8 Likes

Yep; it’s totes on my list for tonight.

FREE WOLFGANG!

7 Likes

“One person.”

Niiiiiice.

3 Likes

Nomi & Neets’ Wedding!!!

7 Likes

Stumbled on this while looking for a good video for “Life on Mars.”

And about halfway through I said OMG that’s LUCIFER

So, has Tom Ellis been doing the young, drunk David Bowie, specifically, all this time?

Apparently, yes.

http://nerdist.com/tca-2016-how-lucifer-was-inspired-by-david-bowie

7 Likes

This was supposed to be a reply to Melz re: Sense8 It was a fun wrappup. Big and sloppy and fun as is only possible away from a network.

4 Likes

Those Lucifer eps tho. I almost think they don’t need to get picked up. That shit was tight.

3 Likes

OMG:

Dani and Whispers. That girl is terrifying. And she’s the only one who managed to actually scare him.

Rajan and Wolfgang! I was so prepared to see Rajan shunted to the side (okay, I am a Wolfgang fan), but this is so much better. Rajan’s reaction during the gunfight: “My wife is a killer! Teach me” and Wolfgang going along with it. And then the two of them at the wedding!

Sun and Mun are soo cute. And the tourist ploy!

I really loved the fact that they made the non-sensates full, contributing members of the crew. Dani’s baddassery with Whispers, and figuring out who was security at the club. Hernando’s strategy, Felix remembering to bring the rocket launcher.

All, in all, the best wrap-up we could hope for. I’m glad they got the chance to do it.

Edit: sorry for all the deletions, but the spoiler tags didn’t want to work, and I didn’t want to leave the posts up while I played around with it.

5 Likes

Dani’s short speech to Whispers was totally a message to 45 and all fascists authoritarians.

Good for her.

Amen; so many people were bitching and complaining on the AV Club review, and I just had to let them know we need to be happy that we got a finale at all.

I’ve noticed that feature is hinky sometimes.

Lastly, how cool is this?

3 Likes

There’s nothing solid yet, but apparently the show runners are still shopping Lucifer around, and some of the actors are still rallying the fans on Twitter… so we’ll see. I don’t have a ton of hope, but I’d sure love to see a conclusion to the cliffhanger, at least, even if only as a comic book or something.

5 Likes