Whatcha Watchin'?

Well there’s already a comic book, but it’s not much like the TV show.

4 Likes

I think Neal might be amenable to a proper retcon.

2 Likes

Well, if Constantine made it into the Arrowverse…

4 Likes

Well…it’s what I will be watching…

8 Likes

@nightflyer:

9 Likes

Legion: season 2, episode 11

How messed up is this? Generally, you’re supposed to feel sympathy for your heroes, but man - this is like trying to sympathize with Brock Turner.

4 Likes

Same here; will be watching tonight next Friday.

I really liked S1, but they lost me early in S2 when David came back to find that his little ‘resistance’ crew had teamed up with the organization that was originally hunting them.

O_o

I heard it only went downhill from there.

Though it’s lost on me because I quit watching, your spoilered comment makes me rather glad that I did; that’s never a good comparison.

Lucifer got picked up?

FUCK YEAH!!!

Also being on Netflix means the writers can curse and show some skin; that’s awesome news.

Edited to correct date.

7 Likes

Well, it was holding my interest because there actually seemed to be some progress with his development, but then it was a complete 180, and I don’t mean his perception of what was happening.

I intend to stick with it under the assumption that the writers intend to blow our minds by the end of the season, but this better be good.
Let’s just say that I also thought the plot development for Phantom Thread was pandering misogynistic crap, too.

4 Likes

Yes!!!

Party time!
ezgif-1-b09586ab62

Now I’ll have to get Netflix (and a better Net connection) before the new season airs… :wink:

7 Likes

Finally started after my Lithuanian friend kept telling me I needed to watch it.

He was right. Great setting. I can’t vouch for any historical accuracy, but I’m hooked.

1 Like

In terms of the setting and period detail, it’s spot on, according to some reviewers who are knowledgeable about Weimar Germany. The actual events, of course, are based on detective novels, so purely fiction.

I loved the show, despite some of its lapses into silliness and melodrama, right up to the final episode. I hated the Big Reveal at the very end with the white-hot incandescent fury of a thousand suns, so much so that I considered going back and deleting my previous post about the show.

I’ve calmed down a little since then. Overall, I think it deserves all the good reviews it got, especially for the acting and the production values (apparently the most expensive non-English TV drama series ever, at $47 million USD).

There’s a third season in the works, and I’ll watch it. I hope Liv Lisa Fries returns as Charlotte Ritter, because she’s amazing.

I still hate the ending.

4 Likes

Who’s looking forward to Season 2 of GLOW?

While we’re waiting, I found this hilarious:

Okay, I’m 12 years old.

5 Likes

I’m watching Max at long last. Cusack is amazing – best character work I’ve ever seen him do.

But shit, no wonder Ernst and the rest had to get out of Europe when the next war started. Of course Hitler was madly jealous of them.

2 Likes

I thought the second season finale had already happened?

I am!

4 Likes

I have to start checking my local library’s DVD collection; I haven’t seen season 1 of GLOW yet, but I want to.

5 Likes

Well worth it. Do you have Netflix?

5 Likes

It is! It’s me who is not there yet.

3 Likes

Not yet. I need a better Web provider first, and then I’ll probably sign up. But I keep forgetting my local library has DVDs to borrow, which for the moment is the best bang for my buck.

5 Likes

We went to see The Incredibles 2 last night for my birthday. Great movie, lots of fun, very much part two of the story of the first movie without feeling repetitive. When it was all over the audience applauded - first time in a while I’ve been at a movie where the audience felt that way at the end.

The opening short, Bao, was very cute and endearing but there was a moment toward the end that shut the audience up. The entire room, children and adults, all went from “We’re watching a movie” quiet to “WTF did I just see?” quiet.

10 Likes

I always have links, just fyi.

ETA:

7 Likes