Whatcha Watchin'?

Happy Belated Birthday and thank you for reminding me that was out.

It is one of the movies the partner wants to see and I think we forgot all about it.

7 Likes

Shit, I donā€™t think I can watch this oneā€¦ not anytime soon, anyway:

7 Likes

We finished all 4 seasons of The Brokenwood Mysteries. Excellent, set in New Zealand, with great characters, beautiful landscapes, and just enough humor. I canā€™t wait for season 5.

The whole eā€™s pronounced as iā€™s thing is an added bonus . . . :innocent:

4 Likes

Yes! Steven Yeun had a job, tho! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

I LOVE GLOW!!!

and somehow I have to add stuff because the software is judging me.

9 Likes

OH?

5 Likes

I was going to get tricky with hidden characters, but Discourse accepted my last post as shown. Is this a change?

3 Likes

It didnā€™t like my grammar.

7 Likes

I guess Discourse doesnā€™t realize that yelling about pro wrestling is de rigueur.

8 Likes

I donā€™t think the Legion character is exactly a hero in the comics, so thatā€™s no surprise. But the TV show is so crazy, thereā€™s nothing for a viewer to grab onto and care about. Among other things, David seems to be written a lot younger than the actor playing him. It would help us offer him the benefit of the doubt and hope he improves himself if he looked like a kid, rather than like a thirty-year-old man wearing kid clothes. (SEE ALSO: the film version of A Clockwork Orange.)

5 Likes

WHY ARE WE YELLING?!?Ā 

6 Likes

WHAT?!Ā 

6 Likes

Iā€™ve never actually read a Legion comic, but from what Iā€™ve read about the various storylines, this is set after the psychic blade period, when they were trying to mend his mind and put the dangerous personalities down, yes? Iā€™m only thinking off the top of my head, after just waking up, though.

3 Likes

I DONā€™T KNOW BUT I CANā€™T STOP!!!

7 Likes

WHY AM I

YELLING

9 Likes

11 Likes

GOD DAMN IT I WARNED YOU WESTWORLDĀ 

4 Likes

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension is coming to Amazon video on July 1st. You betcha that Bigbootay that Iā€™ll be watching it!

10 Likes

Big fan of the first Legion season, but the second season doesnā€™t really go anywhere. 5 episodes of plot strung out for 10 episodes. Lots of wandering in the desert. Some of the set pieces are brilliant and small exposition bumpers are creative. It reminds me of some comic books where they introduce characters with brilliant powers but are underutilized.

3 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed the first season and the ā€˜Fauxleroā€™ scene in the S1 finale was everything.

But unfortunately, the second season lost me almost immediately; and I had never become deeply invested enough to want to give it another try.

6 Likes